Few seconds freeze while playing preview

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This Student Workbook uses both Construct 3 & 2 encoding. It supplies client-side & php "back-end" encoding.
  • Dont know if this belongs to support forum or bug forum , so I am just going to place it here.

Issue I am having is that everytime I preview a game, even the simplest one. There is a freeze that happens few seconds in and lasts anywhere from 2-3 second to 10-20 seconds.

Is this known behavior ? Or a bug.

What is causing it, can I prevent it?

• Which browsers have you tried on which devices and is it the same across all of them?

• It happens on latest version of firefox , on both win8 and win7 (64bit). And on both steam, and regular versions of C2. And in latest build and few before.

It is usually ok first run on firefox, and than gradually worsens.

Also its worse when the game is more complex.

---

As for Chrome , i tested it now. And there are no freezes

• I'm having the same problem on my BlackBerry Z10 while playing a level (platformer), 10 seconds in and a random freeze occurs for 2-3 seconds. I debugged it, removing large images, optimizing events, then stripping some, I managed to improve performance but the freezing's still there :(

It also happens on the Tizen platform (and also the main reason my game keeps getting rejected)...

I use Chrome for testing, the freezing happens there but for less time.

Using r147, the problem has been there since r130.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi there,

Im having the same problem. Previewing my platformer game and ocasionaly everything freezes for about 4 seconds. Any ideas yet??

• marcel1980 - I'm only going to ask what I asked before, because I need to know! Which browsers have you tried on which devices and is it the same across all of them?

• marcel1980 - I'm only going to ask what I asked before, because I need to know! Which browsers have you tried on which devices and is it the same across all of them?

Hi Ashley, it happens on my desktop imac (Bootcamp WIN) when running in Opera and Chrome. IE is functioning without problems. Also when i export via cocoonJS and test on iphone5, everything seems ok.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)