feedback construct2

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
  • hello, been testing construct2 on firefox and iphone3 maybe this is too soon but here are some little things i found

export preferences setup

keeps resetting to default, very annoying if you are testing for iphone and you need constantly to export and upload,

(the projectmap does an increment by 1 and i need to check off minify)

run layout opens a new tab in browser

this should probably target the same tab or another way would be make a button just for compile and then i tab and refresh browsercontent

touch

it gets confused by multitouch, like if i do a touchevent on a sprite and put this to xy of touch , then if i put another finger on screen it jumps to this position

thats it for know i post when i find something new:) keep up the good work!

• simple shooter test, for iphone3, i did put mousecontrol on it too

my latest build

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36224287/shooter/index.html

firefox 60fps

safari/iphone 10 fps (but its playable)

mousecontrol

left click hold joystick

right click shoot

touch

right joystick

left button = shoot

im working on a pause screen, when click/touch in middle of screen

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the feedback, I've made some changes for the next build!

Multitouch input is sort of half-supported, I've been meaning to fix it. Obviously the current x/y of touch can only return one position. However, if you use conditions like "On object touched" and "Is touching object", those support multitouch OK.

• thank you for any improvements you make!,

about the touch, well my condition is on is touching sprite, but i guess the problem is i then bind the touch.x and touch.y to the sprite, but when you have another button that also uses the touch is pressed it messes up the first touch position, ive seen unity uses a touch index or something

• would it be possible to support 8 bit png files?

• Aren't they supported already? Can you not import them to the image editor?

• would be possible to add events such as scroll up and down? for mouse middle button.

• would be possible to add events such as scroll up and down? for mouse middle button.

I'm not sure what you mean. There are already some scrolling actions under the System object. Do you need something that those actions can't do?

• about png 8bit > my mistake, first time i tried it didnt work by dragging image to stage, and other png did, now it works too, so it works!, its a good way to save on filesize!

what i did notice is once you import with a certain name, and then delete that object en reimport you cant rename back to that first name

example : import file enemy.png, then you want to reimport, it will be enemy2 > no way to rename it to enemy

• I mean an event like when you scroll the Mouse Wheel (Middle Button) to Up/Down, do some action. If there is already, i couldn't find.

What about the possibility of resizing in all axis by using Shift? The shortcut changed on Construct 2? Or wasn't implemented yet?

• about png 8bit > my mistake, first time i tried it didnt work by dragging image to stage, and other png did, now it works too, so it works!, its a good way to save on filesize!

It won't save on filesize - Construct 2 converts everything you import to 32-bit PNG.

hat i did notice is once you import with a certain name, and then delete that object en reimport you cant rename back to that first name

Is it still in the project bar? If the object type is still in the project bar, you can't name another object to the same name. Deleting the last instance of an object does not delete its object type.

• Another nice feature that woud be very nice is to allow the multi selection on Object Bar. Would help alot.

• It won't save on filesize - Construct 2 converts everything you import to 32-bit PNG.

bummer :)

Is it still in the project bar? If the object type is still in the project bar, you can't name another object to the same name. Deleting the last instance of an object does not delete its object type.

now i see i was looking at the object bar, didnt had project bar open

• > about png 8bit > my mistake, first time i tried it didnt work by dragging image to stage, and other png did, now it works too, so it works!, its a good way to save on filesize!

It won't save on filesize - Construct 2 converts everything you import to 32-bit PNG.

The question is then, do browsers care?

Its not like you can't switch them in the export.

• heh good point, gonna check that out

well to me it seems when you export the 8bit png remains the same size:

68kb in this case,

then i tried a 8 bit 2 color png (10kb) and also keeps filesize

and then i imported same image 24 bits 118kb and export is same

so bases on this i would say it does save on filesize

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)