[Feature Request] Loading screen between layouts

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Hi all,

I think it is an essential feature in any game engine. Sometimes the load between large layouts takes a while and the user may think that the game is frozen.

As you have already seen in other games, you can add an animation, a few tips or mini games while the game loads the layout into memory

What do you think about this?

This is my first post on the forum and I am already requesting ...

• Lil tip: fade out screen and music when you have to transition. Can do so manually, or:

Fade sound: http://c2rexplugins.weebly.com/rex_audio_helper.html

Fade layout: plugin-updated-layouttransition-v1-2-layouts-transitions_t129279

• good tip... please more...

Anyway, I think having a loading screen between layouts would be useful for the program, for developers and for users of the game.

would you use this feature if you had it?

• Making loading screens are pretty easy and doing it yourself lend you more flexibility than a plugin that does it for you. Though I can understand the convenience of having one.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I read a lot of posts about loading screens between layouts, but i don't find the solution...

in this ashley suggested a trick and explained that wasn't possible...

"You can't make a real loading screen for switching between layouts, because the browser is busy and will not tick the engine while it's loading. What you can do, however, is display a "loading" message on the *previous* layout, then go to the next layout. While it's frozen loading the next layout the user will be looking at the loading message. You might need to put a small 'Wait' delay (e.g. 0.1 seconds) before actually changing layout, to make sure the display is redrawn with the new message before continuing. "

but i think that i have seen, i don't know where, html5 games with loading screens... maybe they use multiple projects with start loading screens... mmm... this is another question, how put multiples projects in a mobile app? ...buuuffff... maybe I'm just saying nonsense... but is possible?

Please eliasfrost, could you tell me how do you make the loading screen? thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)