[Feature Request] Fade behavior: Actions

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Alot of High Quality Items sound effects for your game!
  • Hi

It will be very helpful if we could edit the properties of the Fade behaviour (Fade in time, Wait time, Fade out time and Destroy) at runtime.

I have one Sprite but multiple objects of that Sprite (but I can't set different Fade times to each at runtime).

I'm pretty sure that the solution is not create different objects, but instead just change the fade times of each object after created it.

Thank you Ashley!

• +1

The fade behavior does need more attention

• I've been asking for this for so long... but in the end I made a few modifications to official Fade behavior.

Called it "Fade Adv" from lack of better ideas xD

EDIT: You can now download it from here Fade Adv

If you downloaded previous version, then please delete it and redownload it from that page I've posted here - This is a proper 1.0 version with all extra things that was not present in ma previous upload

It's all super simple but this small modifications helps and speed up things a lot !

I really would like that Ashley could add this to official plugin as well. I'm not a plugin/behavior creator and it took me only about 15 minutes to understand, add and test all of this this, so Ashley could probably do this in 3 with eyes closed

• damn, yeah i've got like 5 different spritefont objects with the same font because of this... thanks for the FadeAdv,

• shinkan great addon. can't wait to implement it. looks like it should make some stuff easier

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow shinkan ! That's super! Thank you very much!!! Shouldn't this be here: ???

• Thanks guys

eli0s

I want to add some more thing to setup before I made it "official" (like possibility to choose Destroy method)... but looking at OP's avatar just couldn't resist posting it

oh and btw. Fade Adv will always fade from current object opacity (even opacity set by events). It will not set it to 100 and then fade, like official Fade does !

• I want to add some more thing to setup before I made it "official" (like possibility to choose Destroy method)... but looking at OP's avatar just couldn't resist posting it

LOL

oh and btw. Fade Adv will always fade from current object opacity (even opacity set by events). It will not set it to 100 and then fade, like official Fade does !

OMG shinkan , that's super useful, now I can fade out sprites with random opacity values, without the annoying "flashing" that comes with the default fade behavior when applied on a sprite with opacity less than 100!!! Before I had to use instance variables to control the opacity and do the fading/deleting, it's so much easier now!!!

Again, thank you so much for sharing!!!

• I'll see if I can get some improvements in for the next beta.

• Thanks Ashley,

I've posted my behavior same time you were replaying here

You can still grab it from here Fade Adv

If you downloaded previous version, then please delete it and redownload it from that page I've posted here - This is a proper 1.0 version with all extra things that was not present in ma previous upload

• Ashley

Please, for the next beta you could take some time to make improvements?

I have 5 different spritefont objects with the same font, because I can't edit them at runtime

Thank you so much!

• It's still on my todo list. I'm not sure why it would be urgent though, it should be easy to re-do what the behavior does with events, and then you have complete control.

• Ashley Thank you so much for the Fade Behavior Actions!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)