Fade Plugin Request

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hi,

Small things that would be a nice addition to existing Fade behavior:

• Action: Stop Fade
    • Condition: One "Fade is active", or three "FadeIn/Wait/FadeOut is active" or all four of them.
    • Value: Object.Fade.Progress or Object.Fade.FadeInProgress / WaitProgress /FaidOutProgress

Those trivial/basic additions could really help a lot.

Hope my voice was heard,

Thank you.

• You can achieve all this by using events and without touching the fading behavior, or, using the fade behavior, it's all about logic.

To follow the fading progress, simple follow the opacity of the object, and trigger any event with the desired condition, the same for waiting and fadeout.

To know if the fade is active, you can simple check if the fade started yet or finished yet, if it start and don't finish, it still active...

• You can achieve all this by using events and without touching the fading behavior, or, using the fade behavior, it's all about logic.

I know, but still, I think those requests very trivial that could save precious time.

I want something generic so I would not repeat my code for each type (sprite, spriter, text... Because each type I can unite in family...)

I'm thinking about writing my own behavior, but I dont like the idea to extend scirras build-in behavior - because they could become not back-compatibility for future scirras updates.

More over TELLES0808, if every problem could be solved with events, why we need behaviors?

So no behaviors needed. Why we need frameworks if we dont need plugins and behaviors, we could use JavaScript alone.

Or something more native to the machine, C++.

Wait, why we need code if we could use Assembly or machine code... Realy... Step by step... And we are back into 1960s.

Little off topic: https://youtu.be/8pTEmbeENF4

To follow the fading progress, simple follow the opacity of the object, and trigger any event with the desired condition, the same for waiting and fadeout.

It is not that simple, I want to stop fades, or other object react to fading of other objects, but some object have different starting opacities so that logic quickly can become a mess.

To know if the fade is active, you can simple check if the fade started yet or finished yet, if it start and don't finish, it still active...

How can I do that? Object with fade havo no fade related conditions, and only 3 fade values: FadeInTime, WaitTime and FadeOutTime.

So again, it is possible to solve all those problems witout fade. No doubt.

But it is my small request, I realy think that requests could save a lot of troubles to many developers.

I hope my opinion counts.

Thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can solve everything you want wile fading with a single conditional, it's easier than configuring and filtering fade behavior variables...

• Here you go. I am slowly learning to use the SDK and this was a good lesson for me.

• Colludium thank you

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)