Export to Sony and Microsoft consoles in the future?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
professionally animated characters with Brashmonkey Spriter !
  • Mostly a question for Ashley and Construct team...I was just curious on the likelihood of ever integrating support to export directly to Sony or Microsoft consoles? With the addition of WiiU and now that gamemaker supports ps4 and xboxone exports, it would be awesome to see this added to Construct 2.

• It's really not an arbitrary choice to support the console or not. C2 primary objective is to be fully crossplatform based on WebTechnologies.

The keyword is WebTechnologies. If a platform supports a game viable browser wrap. Then Scirra has regularly gotten C2 exports to run on those devices.

So the question and your question has been answered before. When Sony and MS well support WebApps then you will see C2 support the system.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • PS4 uses LLVM Clang, a compiler for C/C++ code, so the deal is to generate C from the JavaScript source, I know that emniscripten converts from C to LLVM, but I don't know about the other way, how bout' you do some research?

Or you could just use the browser to run your application

• We are trying to start a dialog, but dealing with these companies can often feel like shouting down a cave. If you are in touch with anyone at Sony or Microsoft, or run in to any reps at events, please hassle them for Construct 2 support on our behalf!

• I dont think exporting to XBOX is going to be difficult because now Microsoft has come up with a Universal App concept. So any app you develop for Windows 8 or Windows Phone... will also work on XBOXOne.

• I dont think exporting to XBOX is going to be difficult because now Microsoft has come up with a Universal App concept. So any app you develop for Windows 8 or Windows Phone... will also work on XBOXOne.

I agree. Most likely you will see support for Xbox One once they open the floodgates to everyone(not just the ID program). Even the BUILD demo showed how you can use the same Visual Studio that Windows 8.1/Windows Phone 8.1 uses to create a universal app. Sony on the other hand, hasn't made any mention of supporting HTML5. So I would bank on Xbox One this year or next but not Sony. Don't forget the Wii U is a huge opportunity as well, I'm having good success with it.

-Mike

• We are trying to start a dialog, but dealing with these companies can often feel like shouting down a cave. If you are in touch with anyone at Sony or Microsoft, or run in to any reps at events, please hassle them for Construct 2 support on our behalf!

Maybe once a good amount of Wii U content is published, they will realize they are missing out on some unique content and come to you. I know, I know, one can dream right? Hehe.

-Mike

• I wouldn't put any bets on Sony!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)