Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

Aurel : thanks for the call to action by the way. appreciated

I have donated to your project. Good luck.

greenheartgames That was the least I could do, you really helped the C2 community. Thanks again!

Gillis Thanks a lot!

is anyone else getting an error with the latest nw exports uploaded to steam if you're using the greenworks plugin? This is what i see when i run the app:

Uncaught node.js Error

Error: The specified procedure could not be found.

C:\Users\NATESC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nw1964_32649\greenworks-win32.node

at Error (native)

at Module.load (module.js:354:32)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)

at Module.require (module.js:362:17)

at require (module.js:378:17)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\NATESC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nw1964_32649\greenworks.js:13:18)

at Module._compile (module.js:454:26)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:472:10)

edited out cuz i look like a tool sending a 45 page error log.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Ashley Sorry this is so sudden does anything look familiar? Was using the same process I was using as before to upload builds to steam with the steam api injected into the packages...

IDK, maybe the latest version of greenworks will fix it. Let me see if I can update it in the next beta.

thanks a million ASHLEY.

Was looking at greenworks.js and noticed it's looking for greenworks-osx64.node and greenworks-win64.node which doesnt exist. thats prolly why it was borking on the 64 bit builds.

Also curious if there was any interest in putting any time into additional API calls for the plugin - stuff like leaderboards, etc. I was interested in seeing if i could duplicate the achievement setting code to try and patch together something for leaderboards, but i figured if you are already working on something like that, it would be silly for me to do a half assed version myself haha. That being said, I'd be willing to try it if you havent started and would share my success if it helps get a more official steam plugin together faster.

is anyone else getting an error with the latest nw exports uploaded to steam if you're using the greenworks plugin? This is what i see when i run the app:

Uncaught node.js Error

Error: The specified procedure could not be found.

C:\Users\NATESC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nw1964_32649\greenworks-win32.node

at Error (native)

at Module.require (module.js:362:17)

at require (module.js:378:17)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\NATESC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nw1964_32649\greenworks.js:13:18)

at Module._compile (module.js:454:26)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:472:10)

Yep, same error going on here on r190.

andreyin, make sure you just straight up trash the 64 bit Windows and Mac builds if youre posting to steam. The Greenworks plugin seems like it doesnt have 64 bit support at the present time, so you pretty much have to rely on the 32 bit builds for now until that gets updated.

> is anyone else getting an error with the latest nw exports uploaded to steam if you're using the greenworks plugin? This is what i see when i run the app:

>

> Uncaught node.js Error

>

> Error: The specified procedure could not be found.

> C:\Users\NATESC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nw1964_32649\greenworks-win32.node

> at Error (native)

> at Module.load (module.js:354:32)

> at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)

> at Module.require (module.js:362:17)

> at require (module.js:378:17)

> at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\NATESC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nw1964_32649\greenworks.js:13:18)

> at Module._compile (module.js:454:26)

> at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:472:10)

> at Module.load (module.js:354:32)

> at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)

>

Yep, same error going on here on r190.

I have the same problem too...

Also, using AppID: 123456 doesnt seem to work for me..

Is this what everyone is using to test?

Where can I locate my own AppID?

Your APPID is in Steamworks, ie, it has been assigned by Valve. This only works if you have a game on Steam, i believe. I cant test unless i actually upload my build to steamworks and then download it through the steam app.

andreyin, make sure you just straight up trash the 64 bit Windows and Mac builds if youre posting to steam. The Greenworks plugin seems like it doesnt have 64 bit support at the present time, so you pretty much have to rely on the 32 bit builds for now until that gets updated.

Thanks for the tip! By the way, did you have any luck uploading different OS versions of your game to steamworks? I've been trying for a while now but I'm not sure how to do it.. I tried following some tutorials and asked for help but none of it worked..

Yeah it took a while to figure out when i first did it but first you gotta set up the separate depots then make sure your scripts folder has matching depot id files and that those files are all referenced in the main depot script. How far along in the process are you / what have you done so far, maybe hit me up on email i donno if this stuff is NDA protected..

Your APPID is in Steamworks, ie, it has been assigned by Valve. This only works if you have a game on Steam, i believe. I cant test unless i actually upload my build to steamworks and then download it through the steam app.

You can test after exporting the game if you add the steam api to package.nw then create a .txt file with your app id and put it on the same folder as the game. You still have to have steam open, but it loads and you can test it like that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)