Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

> Without the plugin "greenworks" works.

>

There currently isn't a way to use preview when Greenworks is included in the project, whether there's any events or actions referencing the plugin. I asked Ashley about this awhile ago but I don't think there's been any progress in getting it working properly. Like others, I've been waiting for Steam support for some time and I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers that the 3rd-party plugin MadSpy is developing gets out the door some time soon.

okay,thank)

> Without the plugin "greenworks" works.

>

There currently isn't a way to use preview when Greenworks is included in the project, whether there's any events or actions referencing the plugin. I asked Ashley about this awhile ago but I don't think there's been any progress in getting it working properly. Like others, I've been waiting for Steam support for some time and I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers that the 3rd-party plugin MadSpy is developing gets out the door some time soon.

Why is MadSpy able to get a plugin to work with a lot of custom features and Ashley not because he has to rely on "backend" developers?

Is there a reason why Ashley is doing that besides the obvious reason of him being busy with developing C3?

(This is not a rant or something, I understand that creating a reliable plugin takes a lot of time and effort, I'm just curious.)

Any update on this? we are releasing our game this week, we can simply not wait anymore

But its so sad, that its not working. We really would like to include at least archievements :/

Thats pretty much a MUST today on steam...

Any update on this?

Unfortunately, the situation is unchanged, no news. Even if the official plugin integration was to arrive now in beta, it would take weeks to get it into a stable release.

Soooo... in a nutshell. Lets assume I bought C2 to develop games for Desktops. So I paid the price and developed my game. Now, its only natural I want this game of my, to reach the biggest digital storefront on the planet, which is Steam of course.

But having your game on Steam, without its Steamwork (achievements, leadersboards) is practically like not having your game on Steam AT ALL.

Because 90%, and it HAS been proven, of the Steam users will only buy a game if the game has Steam achievements.

Yet C2 doesn't have that, the steam API. What it does have, is undeveloped alpha plugin that doesn't work for half of the time.

Meanwhile, 3rd party user, a single person, not related to Scirra, has done just that and a lot more.

But the problem is - he wants $ 82 for it.

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... am4c2-2545

I am trying my best to not say anything offensive or insulting.

God be my witness - I AM trying.

But is this...

...a joke?

Irbis, the scirra team appear to have no interest in developing a unique steam plugin because - this Greenworks based plugin will always be tied to the progress of the source files (based on github). MadSpy has been working on his plugin (in your link) since Oct 15; I was fortunate enough to be in a position to test some of his work back then on my game, and it was great to see what he could do and what he has done since. I know that there are more good things to come in the near future, so I personally think that his asking price is very reasonable considering the support guarantee he is offering. Providing any game you create is better than the 'average' game to be found on the scirra arcade then you'll make the cost back many times over.

It's also good and sad news. Good that MadSpy managed to get his plugin out and now we have a working solution (I'm just assuming from the comment on the plugin's page and from this topic, I haven't tried it myself). The sad part is that it should be Scirra's job to make an official plugin to support the most popular game market on PC that will probably bring more developers and also satisfies existing ones.

Ashley , can you please tell us the state of the official plugin? Can we expect it in the near future?

It's also good and sad news. ...The sad part is that it should be Scirra's job to make an official plugin to support the most popular game market on PC that will probably bring more developers and also satisfies existing ones.

I totally agree. MadSpy and I discussed this at length before he started work on the plugin he's now selling - after it became apparent that this scirra plugin was only ever going to be a port of the Greenworks plugin from github. We thought that being dependent on a free 3rd party project/plugin would not offer the security that steam devs would want (in the year to Oct 15 we had already seen some shocking nw.js changes) and the addition of more feature would depend on this also...

Some people might think that the inofficial plugin by MadSpy is a bit expensive. But they have to understand that he has worked for months on this plugin and the number of Steam developers on C2 are few in number. Which means that he won't sell too many copies. Especially when the license is for life so you only pay once and can use it for all future games.

So that is why the price is what it is. Otherwise it would be huge amount of work for almost nothing. And as Colludium said. If your game is good enough for Steam then you'll have your 80$ back in notime after release.

I just get a black screen when i try to add the greenworks plugin and launch the game. Its like, its not loading the game but just opens a black screen :/

I'm also getting this issue. I have installed the plugin, added the dll to the package.nw, and the text file with the app id. Logged into steam, downloaded beta branch, and I get a black screen. Seems like it's still getting a java error, only not reporting it, since it's an exported build.

Has anyone had luck fixing this issue?

Black screen on greenworks-0.13.0 + nwjs 0.15 + steamworks 1.37.

I am frustrated.

Black screen on greenworks-0.13.0 + nwjs 0.15 + steamworks 1.37.

I am frustrated.

Greenworks is only for nw13 not for nw15

Greenworks is only for nw13 not for nw15

Black screen anyway (just reinstalled nw).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Are you in preview?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)