Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

A new problem I'm experiencing at the moment is that the steam overlay does not work.

When launching the app, it doesn't even tell me that I can access steam overlay via shift+tab anymore and the activate overlay action does not seem to work either.

Anyone else experiencing this?

To get steam overlay working:

1. Open the exported nw folder of your game.

2. Rename package.nw to package.zip and open it with winzip or winrar.

3. In the zip, find and open package.json with notepad and add "--in-process-GPU" as the last arg in the code.

4. Save and close

5. Rename the package.zip back to package.nw

6. Upload or open with steam and overlay should work when clicking shift+tab.

You can also change so NW exports the game with the in-process-GPU arg so you don't have to redo this every time.

Good luck with your project!

Anonnymitet will try this when I get home from work!

Hopefully it works smoothly, thanks in advance!

EDIT: Works like a charm! Thank you! Ashley should add this to the main post for future users who experience this

EDIT: Works like a charm! Thank you! Ashley should add this to the main post for future users who experience this

Also if the plugin becomes integrated into Construct 2, then either an automated process to do this or a new manual entry is a must have. The not so experienced developers will go crazy about this

I've had no luck with the overlay thus far, but I could just be being stupid.

I've had no luck with the overlay thus far, but I could just be being stupid.

The overlay does not work for many NV GPUs. Even with the --in-process-GPU addition.

Strangely enough it seems to work with Intel GPU and AMD.

Yeah doesn't work on my main PC, using a nvidia gpu. Damn

So the current setup:

C2 (v218)

NWjs 0.13 alpha7

Greenworks 0.13 (for NW 0.13)

works?

and by 'works' I mean only on some systems?

So the current setup:

C2 (v218)

NWjs 0.13 alpha7

Greenworks 0.13 (for NW 0.13)

works?

and by 'works' I mean only on some systems?

Nope.

C2 latest

NWjs 0.13 beta 5

Ashley's latest Greenworks

Latest Steam SDK

I don't know if it works for others, but it doesn't for me. Game hangs on start-up. Also beta 5 doesn't exit properly, requiring a hack-workaround to fix it.

Yeah doesn't work on my main PC, using a nvidia gpu. Damn

Yeah very annoying that Steam overlay injection fails on many NV GPU, since NV are the dominant dGPU brand, very popular for gamers.

Nope.

C2 latest

NWjs 0.13 beta 5

Ashley's latest Greenworks

Latest Steam SDK

so which versions of (C2>NWjs>Greenworks>SteamSDK) work for you.. all together? or does anything work at this point?

so which versions of (C2>NWjs>Greenworks>SteamSDK) work for you.. all together? or does anything work at this point?

None for the new NWjs 0.13s.

I only wanted the Steam achievements but if its not possible, oh well.

fqbx31cv

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Ashley got an update on the overlay issue? Working on it or investigating, or is it pushed down for now in the to-do list?

> Yeah doesn't work on my main PC, using a nvidia gpu. Damn

>

Yeah very annoying that Steam overlay injection fails on many NV GPU, since NV are the dominant dGPU brand, very popular for gamers.

This must be a plugin issue though, checked around on the steamworks forum and nobody has experienced this before, and people said that the overlay has nothing to do with GPU. So my guess is that it's a plugin/c2/html5 issue which hopefully means Ashley can fix it

what exacly greenworks addon do ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)