Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

for NW13 or NW12?

for NW13 or NW12?

Which one is C2 / the plugin operating on? I thought NW13 wasn't out yet.

Currently, for desktop (with steam support) we have:

* C2 R216 (and previous) with :

• NW10.5 with official experimental greenworks plugin v0.3 (small project old version of NW)
    • NW11.x with official experimental greenworks plugin v0.4 (with jank and vsync issue)
    • NW12.0 (better than 10.5 and 11.x but memory issue for big project after few hours of game) no official plugin for steam support (but I own an unofficial plugin functionnal)

* C2 R219beta with NW13-alpha but the 1st beta was release since 2 or 3 days and a plugin will be release or create after the final release of nw13 (or as soon as the V8 engine will be stable)

awesome, thanks MadSpy for the clarification... it's great to know for each version of C2/NW.. thanks!

Heres what I do from windows for the Mac build:

- rename the game.app file to nw.app - dont know if this is required, but i do it anyway.

- put steam_appid.txt file with the steam app id as the only contents into the folder with the nw.app

- Double click nw.app - should act as a folder. Navigate to: Contents/Resources/app.nw - this is essentially the same thing as the zip folder on the windows side of things.

- Copy the libsteam_api.dylib from the "osx32" folder of the "sdk/redistributable_bin" from the steam SDK into this folder.

- done! upload to steam as per usual.

Do you do that ContentPrep thing on the Mac before uploading it?

Currently, for desktop (with steam support) we have:

* C2 R216 (and previous) with :

- NW10.5 with official experimental greenworks plugin v0.3 (small project old version of NW)

- NW11.x with official experimental greenworks plugin v0.4 (with jank and vsync issue)

- NW12.0 (better than 10.5 and 11.x but memory issue for big project after few hours of game) no official plugin for steam support (but I own an unofficial plugin functionnal)

* C2 R219beta with NW13-alpha but the 1st beta was release since 2 or 3 days and a plugin will be release or create after the final release of nw13 (or as soon as the V8 engine will be stable)

Cool thanks for the info. I'd be willing to pay a bit, for that version, but I don't have a whole lot. I would also need to verify it works first, send me a pm if you want to set that up.

I used to be able to get it to slightly work, but I can't even put the plugin into my projects without getting the following errors:

, once you've added the Greenworks plugin then you become unable to preview using nw.js because of the errors you've identified. You can still test using Chrome, or via nw.js export.

, once you've added the Greenworks plugin then you become unable to preview using nw.js because of the errors you've identified. You can still test using Chrome, or via nw.js export.

I exported it to nw.js as well to try it, but the project then just came up empty besides the ASCII Node Webkit showing up.

- after export, you need to rename the yourgame.exe node file to nw.exe for it to be able to run.

- after export, you need to rename the yourgame.exe node file to nw.exe for it to be able to run.

Did that as well, had the whole thing exported through steam pipeline so I'll set that build as active again but I think I did everything correctly, as I've had it working before.

Edit: I did miss a step actually, but now it just crashes to black screen.

- Mmmm! The only other thing I can think of is to check that you're including the correct steam_api.dll files and steam_appid.txt file in the package.nw? If you think that these are the correct ones, try exporting a simple project to nw.js with the greenworks plugin included and those files listed above. If the test runs in nw.js then you know you have the right dll and appid files for the plugin (and a problem somewhere else in your game), and if it crashes then you know those files are somehow incompatible.

- Mmmm! The only other thing I can think of is to check that you're including the correct steam_api.dll files and steam_appid.txt file in the package.nw? If you think that these are the correct ones, try exporting a simple project to nw.js with the greenworks plugin included and those files listed above. If the test runs in nw.js then you know you have the right dll and appid files for the plugin (and a problem somewhere else in your game), and if it crashes then you know those files are somehow incompatible.

I think some people earlier in the thread were also having black screen crashes. I'll check all this though too. It looks like I'm currently using NW 11.5, so I might need to update it, but before I do I want to make sure I have backups, is there an archive of C2 NW installations?

- it's not very clear which files go with which version of the plugin and which version of the sdk. My guess is that's where your problem lies... Fingers crossed!

NW11.5 can be download here (for the moment) https://www.scirra.com/nwjs (last download link)

NW11.5 = greenworks 0.4 = sdk 130

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

MadSpy is the greenworks oracle....

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)