Experimental Greenworks plugin

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.

2/3 projects I have worked on are successful on steam. (Ace of spades, Running with Rifles) It is not as hard as some people think. It just takes hard work is why most people are failing.

Just wondering, what was your role on Ace of Spades?

andreyin

Maybe you could start a new thread ? It seems important to me that Ashley responds to the recent posts regarding MadSpy's work, although not that important to Ashley obviously.

andreyin

Maybe you could start a new thread ? It seems important to me that Ashley responds to the recent posts regarding MadSpy's work, although not that important to Ashley obviously.

Sorry, you're right. Maybe Ashley or a mod could clean up the whole thread..

Please, give me actual version of steam plugin for constrcuct 2...

I want to make achievments

Just a quick update on the NW.js/greenworks situation:

I've been testing NW.js 0.13.0-alpha4 (and alpha5 is already out, looks like their release cycle is finally speeding up). It's based on Chrome 45 (46 now with alpha5 I think) and the jank issue looks to be finally fixed - every frame comes within 0.1ms of v-sync on my Windows dev machine running sbperftest. However there have been some backwards-incompatible changes going from NW.js 0.12 to 0.13, and changes to the Construct 2 build are necessary for it to export. So the next beta should come with an official NW.js 0.13-alpha5 (or newer) support, but you'll need that beta or newer to export with it. Either that release or the next I'll review Greenworks integration, and hopefully be able to ship it in the C2 editor at last.

Just to review why this has taken so long in case some of you weren't aware: NW.js has been on a slower release cycle than Chrome for a while, generally releasing only once every few months. Chrome 38 had a bug that basically broke v-sync scheduling and made everything janky. Google eventually fixed it a couple of versions later, but NW.js got their next update in just before the fix, so it's been affected by the bug for a lot longer than Chrome. Then on top of that their 0.13 release has involved significantly reworking how the architecture works, which has meant a longer development time than usual.

The good news: NW.js is nearly there with the 0.13 release, and the release cycle seems to be speeding up again (they've mentioned on the email list about how they have made big improvements to the build system and reduced build times a lot). Although the next update will require a new version of C2, we've still had NW.js updates separated from C2 for a while now, so we can update them independently and avoid the problem with earlier builds where you could end up stuck with a broken version. And once Greenworks is integrated that should make Steam publishing a bit easier. The next update will be a huge jump in the Chrome version - from 0.10.5 to 0.13 covers Chrome 35 to Chrome 46, with tons of bug fixes, performance improvements, and new or improved features (including better WebRTC compatibility). So hopefully things will be a lot better from the next build onwards.

this is excellent news.. thank you Ashley!

Thanks for the heads up Ashley!

Thank you for the information. We're looking forward to the updates

At first, great news that something is happening finally.

Ashley I have a question about the "new export":

...Either that release or the next I'll review Greenworks integration, and hopefully be able to ship it in the C2 editor at last.

Does that mean that C2 will automatically do the required steps (e.g. 1. Rename package.nw to package.zip | 2. Copy steam_api.dll from Steamworks SDK in to...")

and all we have to do will be to add the plugin and click on export or do you plan to make a manual entry about exporting with steam integration?

Ashley

Since its just a huge leap in Chrome, I'm worried about backward compatibility with save-states, ie. NW 0.10.5, upgrade to NW.js 0.13, saves no longer work... should I be worried?

Alright, I'm sure I did something wrong here, but I'd like to figure it out. After completing the build I encounter this error when I try to boot it from Steam:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: nw.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 549fab53

Fault Module Name: nw.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 549fab53

Exception Code: 80000003

Exception Offset: 000e0150

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 4105

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

If I go to the local files and run the game it runs perfectly, so I could just be doing something wrong on the steam side. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Awesome, I'll be eagerly awaiting this!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Literally can't wait for the updated GreenWorks and NW0.13.a5 support!

I can't install this c2addon (construct 2 R216)

I can't install this c2addon (construct 2 R216)

In the near future we can expect an update for this and maybe the integration into the software as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)