Enable / Disable Force Own Texture Layer

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Build a thrilling space station scenario with these level assets and characters.
  • I think my capx were missing... however I made a quick sample based from blend modes sample

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... ssues.capx

Notice fps can be affected and some blend effects don't require force texture.

For some reasons, I remeber i add modal window which is using force texture, when they are destroyed (no blend effects now) and goes to map screen, it bothers FPS because Texture own layer is active and it cannot be turned off.

Maybe isn't 100% explanation, but do it what the developers need it due that they cannot modify C2 editor.

• I think my capx were missing... however I made a quick sample based from blend modes sample

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/762 ... ssues.capx

Notice fps can be affected and some blend effects don't require force texture.

For some reasons, I remeber i add modal window which is using force texture, when they are destroyed (no blend effects now) and goes to map screen, it bothers FPS because Texture own layer is active and it cannot be turned off.

Maybe isn't 100% explanation, but do it what the developers need it due that they cannot modify C2 editor.

I've added browser object, and run it in full screen 1080, and on both layouts i had cpu:1% and 60fps, very shortly after layout started, but I have pretty beefy rig ( specs in description )

• Aphrodite , I have been asking for a better masking system since I first started using C2, to no avail

Ahh... If only we could use any Sprite and/or Layer to mask in (or out) any other Sprite and/or Layer...

Something like masking options on the Sprite's/Layer's properties:

Set as a Mask: Yes/No

-Mask: In/out

-Use: Alpha/Luma

Use a Mask: (choose Sprite/Layer)

Ok, back to sleep now...

• Wow, you guys read my mind!

As for a use case, 'force own texture' guarantees an entire extra screen of fillrate. At 1080p that's HUGE, and having graphical settings in a game to turn some special effects on/off will be critical.

• Ashley don't miss this news.

• When I turn on "Force own textture", all images in that layer hide away , and no ways to see them visible on the screen withou turn off "Force own textture", it made me very difficult and uncomfortable to design things that layout. But it only happens some later time after using "Force own textture" layer, then I don't know when it happens to make an .capx to test, maybe it happens on some of cpu and driver.

Please make feature that I can turn on and turn off "Force own textture" at the beginning of the layout if you can.

And please don't ask me to give a .capx file because It might happens on some computers, not yours. And don't force me to file any bugs case and wait for some years. I made some reporting posts , but I never have any reasonable supporting and comments from ASHLEY.

Thank you so much !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "When making feature suggestions you should always provide a use case, so we know why it's important."

Ashley doing great work updating construct with new js, bugfixes add other features with export etc but we make games everyday so our sugestions should be added. Iv seen many sugestions even few years age but still are not added.

For few next relases, construct 2 should have only sugestions of the users.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)