Ejecta memory management testing

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Manage time and money, plan the best strategy to make all the customers happy in your restaurant, a hotel, cafe, or any
  • hi,

thanks a lot for your hard work ... really

is that mean that exporting with webgl on will not crash ? if i understand ... because without this trick ... when you export to ejecta with webgl on ... and you run your app in your device it work but when you press home button and return to app it crash ...

other question ... will this trick (exporting with webgl on with trick of ashly) optimise performances ?

• Ashley: I just switched Enable WebGL to Off in my project properties: memory usage is OK now! And switching layout time is excellent! All good!!

• Ashley

After some testing it seems that with WebGL off layouts do switch faster, memory usage seems to be the same as with WebGL on and performance wise, my game, without any WebGL effects seems to run as good on WebGL as on Canvas 2D on a iPhone 4 (webgl effects are a performance killer on iPhone 4).

Also, when loading the game, memory usage caps at around 200mb, while in Construct 2 the max memory usage is 70mb, and that's the layout i throw most of the games assets in, it's never accessed in the game. Is that normal for ejecta memory management?

• hi i just try it

nothing change for me

still bad performance on iphone 4

• Its sad how bad the iPhone 4 is, particles destroy its performance when on an Android phone released at similar times runs fine.

Might have to draw the line and just aim for iPhone 5 for my future games.

• Its sad how bad the iPhone 4 is, particles destroy its performance when on an Android phone released at similar times runs fine.

Might have to draw the line and just aim for iPhone 5 for my future games.

yes iphone 4 is really poor ... and if we make application or game we have to improve performance for all device ... specially iphone 4 ... because owner of iphone 4 is bigger than 4s or 5 (low cost its normal)

but tell me have you tryed with ejecta 1.5 ? maybe it will be better ?

because it say on ejecta forum that performance are good with canvas 2D and webgl too

the problem that for example my game is simple

but i use a lot of (set x , move to top , move to bottom , create object every 0.01 seconds )... thats the problem

• You should not use create object every 0.01 seconds, because thats faster than the threshold for 60 fps (16ms).

iPhone 4 is just awful, and thats the truth of it. I believe the 4S is still the bulk of the market, with iPhone 5 replacing it quickly.

• You should not use create object every 0.01 seconds, because thats faster than the threshold for 60 fps (16ms).

iPhone 4 is just awful, and thats the truth of it. I believe the 4S is still the bulk of the market, with iPhone 5 replacing it quickly.

yes i know

but the problem that i not playing good with c2 this why .... i will try optimise it

about ejecta 1.5 , mr.ashley say that he include all about it on his memory management patch ... its true that the game load faster but performance on game still same

have you an game on appstore to see your work ?

thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No I havent released any on Apple yet since I am not satisfied with its performance and handling of larger games. The only games I want to release are big ones so its a problem for me.

Even with WebGL, we're seeing a doubling jump of memory on layout transition causing a memory warning, it would certainly crash since my assets are 400MB+ in ram. Have to wait further for proper iOS support of large games.

On android its fine, I've got Intel XDK apps on Google Store.

• mmm ok

i just tru to optimise my game by reducing at maximum all collisions and polygone colisions

i get results ... gameplay is fast but just first 5 secondes

that mean when i lunch it on iphone 4 and go playng game, it run normal but after 5 , 6 seconds game go slower

on iphone 4s no problem all seem to be good

any idea about that mr.silver or mr.ashley ?

• At my end it's not working well.

It loads only what it uses, but without cleaning the memory at a change of layout (in Webgl)

Maybe i'm missing something.

I hope it will work and I'm happy you've change your point of view about it Ashley. (by the way I can send you my caps to be sure i'm not missing something).

• mmm ok

i just tru to optimise my game by reducing at maximum all collisions and polygone colisions

i get results ... gameplay is fast but just first 5 secondes

that mean when i lunch it on iphone 4 and go playng game, it run normal but after 5 , 6 seconds game go slower

on iphone 4s no problem all seem to be good

any idea about that mr.silver or mr.ashley ?

iPhone 4 is just shit, the hardware is pathetic and weaker than my my android phone from 2010 for handling java.

4S is better, heaps better.

• Ashley : just to know, to know where i'm going with Construct, are you still working on it or do you consider it done ? (cause it's not working at my end)

Thank you in advance for your answer.

• Memory management got merged in to the main Ejecta project, so try it from there instead of my fork. It should be working already.

• I have a major problem with my big app crashing on iOS. After many tests I'm afraid that I have to blame it on memory management. My thread on the issue contains detailed memory snapshots that clearly show the problem.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/the-big-game-challenge-ejecta-memory-management-on-ios_t107188

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)