Ejecta Exporter Experiences

0 favourites
  • I was able to get my game A Storybook Garden approved on the App Store. It uses Ejecta and was pretty straight forward to get it all to work. I will be fixing a few issues, so any feedback to functionality are welcome. This was mostly a test bed for the tech for a new game that I am working on. Enjoy!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/a-story ... 53160?mt=8

• Zharzew did you implement iAds and Gamecenter? If so any gotchas to be aware of?

• Guys, I know this is kinda off-topic but you've been active around here so I rather ask:

What's the situation regarding app updates? I remember people complaining that if you issued an update to the stores, the game's saves would be wiped.

Is that still happening?

No such thing ever happened to my game updates.

• BluePhaze Yeah, I implemented both IAds and Gamecenter (for achievements and leaderboard). Both were pretty straight forward, but one issue I noticed while testing is that the iAds are aligned to the left top part of the screen (instead of top centered) when I tested. I am not sure how to fix this that, or if that is what others are seeing. Other than that, it was really easy to do everything. Including the scripting, and learning / messing with xcode, I think it took me three - four hours total. Future games / updates will be really easy, now that I have gone through this.

• Zharzew can you share how to implement iAd and Gamecenter? I tried both, neither is working for me

• Gamecenter is pretty easy.

Just use the "soft authenticate" action on your loading layout. and then use any of the other gamecenter actions where you want them.

Be aware, that you need to enable and setup Gamecenter in iTunesConnect first.

• 5Type What do I put in as List name? Reference name? or Leaderboard ID(com.xxxx.xxxx.highscore)?

I can get it to work on cocoonjs, so i'm sure I enabled it in itunes, something must be wrong in my event :/

• OK, after wasting (investing?) a day at getting this to work to my satisfaction, here are my lessons. Some are probably obvious with hindsight and a lot of my time was learning how to work the insufferable OS X (I now don't totally hate it any more!). Suffice to say that the Getting Started Paragraph in the Ejecta instructions page is VERY important.... LOL!

hollowthreat, I thought iAd implementation was pretty straight forward (once I'd figured out that I had to follow the instructions exactly). After enabling iAds in iTunes Connect, I just added a sub event in C2 on start of layout - Ejecta show iAd at bottom / top. And that's it - no massive and confusing codes to copy/paste! I did not use the 0plus1 plugin or the Ejecta Kitchen files. As far as I can tell C2 adds the appropriate information to the index.js and I made the changes to the Info.plist myself. I could not get Xcode 4.5 to run the files (dozens of red js warnings like justifun reported), but everything worked perfectly in Xcode 5.

Test ads seem to work fine although I have the same problem with the ad's placement as Zharzew said: they are aligned to the very left of the screen rather than being in the center (a bit of a pain in landscape but I think I can work around it). I've done a trawl of the Ejecta forums and a few others have asked for a solution - I only found this answer on the forum, but it's a year old and I couldn't find the mentioned file in Xcode (I've added it here in case I'm missing the obvious).

Performance was about the same as in cocoonjs, but there's no flickering splash screen! Awesome!! Now to try leaderboards....

• Colludium good to know it works simply like that! i'm not sure what did i do wrong, i was able to get iad from another clean file. but this one not pulling iad had cocoonjs plugin before, now removed with only ejecta, but still not giving me any iad :/

• trying to get my iad and gamecenter to work, and now i'm getting this error from xcode...stuck at launch screen

2014-04-05 16:29:29.559 Ejecta[1521:60b] SyntaxError: Unexpected token ','. Expected a property name after '.'. at line 62593 in index.js

not sure whats causing this, i had this before when i add ejecta plugin the first time while my capx is configured for cocoonjs, then i remove cocoonjs plugin, has been fine for few exports, but not the latest one :/

• another update, solved iad & gamecenter, they are straight forward as others mentioned, as long as you don't mess with 'is authenticated' condition, it's likely bugged, and can cause all sorts of weird error or partially break the game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have some audio problems with audio working as it should. Anyone else? In cocoon all works fine

another update, solved iad & gamecenter, they are straight forward as others mentioned, as long as you don't mess with 'is authenticated' condition, it's likely bugged, and can cause all sorts of weird error or partially break the game.

So if I use Ejecta I don't have to use 'is authenticaed' to be working fine?

• Kraudi its working with out 'is authenticated', but that issue should be fixed in next build, according to ashley.

i think one of my audio plays little strange, not sure exactly what, like first tiny bit got cut off or something, not a major issue but not as accurate as cocoonjs's audio

• all this sounds very promising.

lots of important things are working and problems fixed fast.

i hope Ejecta continues to be developed and improved as having a free option without an annoying startup screen is a must for C2

• 5Type What do I put in as List name? Reference name? or Leaderboard ID(com.xxxx.xxxx.highscore)?

I can get it to work on cocoonjs, so i'm sure I enabled it in itunes, something must be wrong in my event :/

Hi hollowthreat,

you have to use the Leaderboard ID.

I didnt try the official ejecta export yet, but i used this plugin from here:

http://epicspace.net/insurgence/ejecta/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)