Ejecta Exporter Experiences

0 favourites
  • Just wanted to create a thread for everyone to post their experiences with our shiny new exporter.

Ashley, roughly how much work do you think it would take to add memory management to Ejecta? Cool update!

• While it's nice to have an official exporter, compiling Construct 2 games with Ejecta itself isn't new, and this update doesn't bring anything new to the Ejecta experience.

Personally, memory management is currently the biggest problem with releasing games on the Appstore with no clear solution in sight.

• If Ejecta adopted memory management, it would be good news for big games on mobile.

• Anyone know if the leadbolt + iframe option is viable for Ejecta?

• BluePhaze Ejecta doesn't support DOM elements such as iframe, div, video, etc.

leadbolt, I'm not sure, we could try it.

• at least we now have an opensource & free solution for small casual games on ios. its better than being stuck with 1 commercial offering (cocoon)

• Soo great i'll try to export to android with Ejecta-X too

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IOS export is meant to be supported by the XDK at some stage, so that will be another option.

ThunderZ , I only just found out that there is an Android version of Ejecta...please report your findings when you test it!

• ThunderZ, I would also be very interested to learn from your experiences with the Android version.

• IOS export is meant to be supported by the XDK at some stage, so that will be another option.

Where did you find this information?

• I'm probably doing something simple wrong, but i can't figure it out.

When i open and test the exported game (using the new ejecta exporter in r165). I change the name of the exported folder to "App" per the instructions. Copy it to the same folder where Ejecta was unzipped, so that its next to the source folder.

But when i open the xcode project and click run, after "indexing" i get Red exclamation points on every file in the project on the left hand side and it wont run.

This is being tried in xcode 4.5.2 on mountain lion

Any ideas?

• I'm probably doing something simple wrong, but i can't figure it out.

When i open and test the exported game (using the new ejecta exporter in r165). I change the name of the exported folder to "App" per the instructions. Copy it to the same folder where Ejecta was unzipped, so that its next to the source folder.

But when i open the xcode project and click run, after "indexing" i get Red exclamation points on every file in the project on the left hand side and it wont run.

This is being tried in xcode 4.5.2 on mountain lion

Any ideas?

i haven't got the chance to try the official export yet, i'm guessing you need to upgrade to latest xcode?

• [quote:fckt8hbg]2. Download Ejecta and extract the files to a folder on your Mac. (Don't extract to a Windows PC and copy it over - it seems to change the file permissions and break the build.)

justifun

• What is the best option for Ads with Ejecta?

• Guess iAds work OOB.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)