Duplicate event sheet

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
- This pack is suitable for shooting games, running games, platform games, and side-scrolling...
  • If it was easier to write events as "custom behaviors" that you can apply/stack on multiple objects (and object types) as has been requested/suggested/begged for over the past few years then I would never need to duplicate event sheets

• If it was easier to write events as "custom behaviors" that you can apply/stack on multiple objects (and object types) as has been requested/suggested/begged for over the past few years then I would never need to duplicate event sheets

It would be good, but it would require to change workflow. And currently, really, you can do it, buy having dedicated event sheets, include them, with some conditions and it's almost the same.

• megatronx it's almost possible, but families in their current form + containers just doesn't cover all the situations well enough to reduce my code, so it's pretty much one sheet per enemy graphic and even then I'm having glitches with multiple enemies using the same code, just not quite 100%.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • megatronx it's almost possible, but families in their current form + containers just doesn't cover all the situations well enough to reduce my code, so it's pretty much one sheet per enemy graphic and even then I'm having glitches with multiple enemies using the same code, just not quite 100%.

Yes, it can get problematic when a lot of units are using same events. However, make sure it is not a problem with your code. I say that because I had 100 of minions walking back and forth, all using same events, and for first few days I was battling with code, as on occasions they'd stop at the node, and not turn back and move. But, after several changes it all started working almost perfectly; almost because timer would not be precise, so some would move after longer time period then they were suppose to ( ease to check, seeing distances between minions becoming tighter ), which is a shame. But it worked in the end. I was only using platform and timer behaviors.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)