Download the public preview (release 26)

0 favourites
  • I think an android support will be a good idea.

Anyway construct is the best (for me ) program for creating games (MMF and GM are not good enough and construct is OpenSource), you making good job

• Great! Something new for me to test my skills of procrastination on!

• I like the improvement of speed in Construct 2.

(for example adding an event or action)

I would like to see more options when adding an action.

For example that droplist you got in 0.x, when you entered "<name of sprite>.".

Construct 0.x then presented you a list of possibilities, for example: sprite.top, sprite.right, sprite.bottom.

• I really like the new design of Construct. It looks pretty slick and it feels a lot more confortable and organized.

Though the two things I seriously miss are:

• Internal Image Editor
    • Private Variables

Also, even if an EXE exporter should come out, I want to see a DirectX version. I have an older PC which still has a very good graphics card (GeForce 9600 GT). But OpenGL doesn't work there for no appearent reason. Also most older graphics card don't support OpenGL.

But anyways, keep up the good work!

• [quote:21qc4jqr]Though the two things I seriously miss are:

• Internal Image Editor
    • Private Variables

..but it's early days yet. Those will be implemented as time goes on

• I'm so excited for this. The Javascript SDK is especially intriguing.

• Sorry for my English, I'm French.

Very promising this new version!

Two small remarks, however,

• it would be interesting to choose which software you want to edit images and not use the default software.
    • A problem that I had already Construct 0.x, I'm multi-screen (a laptop with a screen). But when I use the laptop, some windows remain on the secondary display. With Construct 0.x I could reinstall it to solve the problem with Construct 2 it is not possible.

Except that,it is great software and I think it will become even more.

• - it would be interesting to choose which software you want to edit images and not use the default software.

You need to change the default program that edits .png images in Windows.

There will be a proper image editor built into C2 in time anyway, so this is only temporary.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • deadeye: ok, but the question is if there will be any chance to choose other graphics editor. Will be?

• deadeye: ok, but the question is if there will be any chance to choose other graphics editor. Will be?

Yeah, if I could point it at Gimp, that would be awesome.

• ..but it's early days yet. Those will be implemented as time goes on

I just said these because this is on the top priority for me. I know they will be implemented sooner or later.

I believe the plan is to allow a choice between C2's image editor or another one if you prefer. Not sure how that would affect setting up animation frames, hotspots, and image points though. Perhaps there could be separate editors for each. An image editor for drawing, and an animation editor for frames and hotspots.

In fact, I'm requesting this as a feature .

• Perhaps there could be separate editors for each. An image editor for drawing, and an animation editor for frames and hotspots.

In fact, I'm requesting this as a feature .

Seconded. I was thinking along the same lines.

• C2 launches the image editor associated with the right-click 'edit' command on .png files. If you change this in Windows, it will change the editor C2 launches. Windows' default is MS Paint, but it can be changed by any program you install.

• I tried to do that with GraphicsGale. Associated png's with it but C2 opened MS Paint instead.

=(

Edit: Should note that it works with other programs though, so it might just be GG that is finicky.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)