Does the facebook object currently work?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi guys I was trying out the facebook object but when I ran the layout and click the button , nothing happened. Its a very basic event code and I see no reason for it not to work. If anyone can confirm its working, then I will try again with other methods to see if I can get it working.

My code is Touch / on touched Facebookbutton / Facebook / Prompt to share link "the link is in here"

• It was just fixed in the latest beta, so I assume it works there.

• It was just fixed in the latest beta, so I assume it works there.

Thanks!! Do you happen to know if the beta is stable ?

• Hi, what are you trying to do? Just use fb login, or...?

Theres a lot of stuff involved for fb to work, not just within C2 but also on fb developer site.

• Hi, what are you trying to do? Just use fb login, or...?

Theres a lot of stuff involved for fb to work, not just within C2 but also on fb developer site.

I just wanted to share a link from googleplay to facebook. I done it before when I just made games in pure HTML + Javascript , I didn't need to do anything in Facebooks end just code it in my game. But you don't have that type of editor with Construct 2 so I have to use plugin.

Straight Code is like this

<body>

<!-- Load Facebook SDK for JavaScript -->

<div id="fb-root"></div>

<script>(function(d, s, id) {

var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];

if (d.getElementById(id)) return;

js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;

js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1";

fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);

}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<!-- Your share button code -->

<div class="fb-share-button"

data-href="www.scirra.com"

data-layout="button_count">

</div>

</body>

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you putting that directly into C2?

• Are you putting that directly into C2?

No of course not that how you code it in straight HTML games, not C2. I am saying I wish it was that easy.

• The beta is as stable as any other release imo. It's labeled beta because that is where new changes are implemented first and sometimes there a glitches related to them. However in the case of the last beta, the fix was in response to facebook changing it's api.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)