0 Favourites

Distance between two points problem.

• Hi guys,

I expect the player to be able to touch a sprite, drag and release to determine the direction and force to launch the sprite. So the further away I drag the greater the force in the direction of the touch end.

However, I find that the force seems to be inconsistent to if I drag left and release compared to when I drag right and release.

I have attached the capx so you friendly people can help my find out what I've missed.

My thoughts at the moment at potential problems are maybe different co-ordinate systems or taking touch co-ordinates incorrectly or at the wrong time? Thoughts?

Kind regards,

Wyrm

• A few more details.

-Dragging from the sprite to top left produces small distances than dragging to the top.

-Sometimes the sprite can get stuck. Just refresh and try again.

• and a general observation that i noticed is the further right the sprite is in the scene the greater the resulting distance.

• Ok guy, I post you my version of what your are expecting.

I guess you looking too complicated ^^

Hope it help

• Thanks you're a star. So essentially you used absolute position of the touch on start and again at touch end. Where absolute refers to the current position of a touch over the canvas area. So I may use this as it side steps the problem.

HOWEVER, I am still interested in why my original doesn't work to further my knowledge. Anybody have any ideas?

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe just a little error ^^

When you make this action :

Set GobalDistance to distance(Player.X,Touch.X,Player.Y,Touch.Y)[/code:3aznd5pr]

If you read carrefully the documentation, you see : 

[quote:3aznd5pr]distance(x1, y1, x2, y2) Calculate distance between to points

So you probably just have to invert y1 and x2 in you expression : 

[code:3aznd5pr]distance(Player.X,Player.X,Touch.Y,Touch.Y)[/code:3aznd5pr]

And it solve the problem ô/

PS:After that, for me the block never get stuck another time O_o
  • ah ok, that explains it! I assumed it was the same as the math order!

Good spot! Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)