dir="rtl" not working, why ?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • hi

i want RTL support for my texts

i add this (dir="rtl") to canvas tag like here : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8961 ... eft-string

but its not working for c2 why ?

is there any other way to fix that ?

(c2 dosn't really support RTL (right align is not RTL))

• Ashley

can you help me ? what did you with the engine wich dir="rtl" not working ?

i mean it has to working with the engine .

what can i change ?

• why do you use html5 coding on text objects? text objects have a hotspot alignment in the setting bar... if you want the text to be written on right side just change it. to right/left/center/top/bottom etc

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • he doesn't want a right alignment, he wants to write from right to left (RTF) (maybe for Arabic font)

• rtl can only be achieved with a textbox, you can add a css action with key "dir" value "rtl", normal text can only be aligned.

• rtl can only be achieved with a textbox, you can add a css action with key "dir" value "rtl", normal text can only be aligned.

i can not use textbox because i want to use canvas+

• Sorry, then you can't, I did found a special character a while ago, that if I past it at the end of the text it sort of fix it to rtl (tried with hebrew) but it's not 100% perfect, try it, just add the following quotes and special character to the end of your text (note, the character is not visible, but it's there, just copy it as is)

"?"

Hope it helps.

• Sorry, then you can't, I did found a special character a while ago, that if I past it at the end of the text it sort of fix it to rtl (tried with hebrew) but it's not 100% perfect, try it, just add the following quotes and special character to the end of your text (note, the character is not visible, but it's there, just copy it as is)

"?"

Hope it helps.

i tried it before but not working

i just ask why dir="rtl" not working it has to work with canvas

• My guess is the text object uses a different way of drawing the text, then what's on your example, try asking the team.

• This character should do the trick, it works for me (copy the following line or the second code box bellow):

?

Make sure you put the character to the

start

of the text to turn it around (example: [character]text will result as txet).

When using event sheet:

Text.Set Text -> "[character]This is some text."

this will turn to .txet emos si sihT

?[/code:2m2fsn1o]
  • This character should do the trick, it works for me (copy the following line or the second code box bellow):

?

Make sure you put the character to the

start

of the text to turn it around (example: [character]text will result as txet).

When using event sheet:

Text.Set Text -> "[character]This is some text."

this will turn to .txet emos si sihT

?[/code:17up7h3q]

its not working becuase when you use english and persian together they not correct

so it is not working like rtl

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)