Dev poll: next feature to implement

0 favourites
  • Plugin for making plugins.

Bet you could sell that one.

• It doesn't really matter, does it? The old ones served their purpose.

Served their purpose? Yes, and well.

Could be improved? Definitely.

I'd suggest a new thread focused solely on the image/animation editor where people can post thoughts and ideas, before the editors have been worked on so much that it would be more trouble than it'd be worth changing them around.

• #1: Usability: We need animations but we don't need the bells and whistles just yet. Just enough to create frames, animation speed, and something to set hot spots/image points. A full-bodied image editor can be created latter.

#2: Play Time: ONE flexible behavior such as custom movement, 8 way, or platform, as they tend to be the most popular and robust. One is just enough for people to start getting their hands dirty!

#3,4,5...: Functional tools: Global Variables, global objects, event groups, Intellisense/autocomplete for expressions...

• #1: Usability: We need animations but we don't need the bells and whistles just yet. Just enough to create frames, animation speed, and something to set hot spots/image points. A full-bodied image editor can be created latter.

#2: Play Time: ONE flexible behavior such as custom movement, 8 way, or platform, as they tend to be the most popular and robust. One is just enough for people to start getting their hands dirty!

#3,4,5...: Functional tools: Global Variables, global objects, event groups, Intellisense/autocomplete for expressions...

This.

• Other: An .exe exporter is pretty vital i think. Many people seem to dislike the HTML5 exporter.

• I think a html5 exporter isn't that bad for beta releases like these..

• Other: An .exe exporter is pretty vital i think. Many people seem to dislike the HTML5 exporter.

I think a html5 exporter isn't that bad for beta releases like these..

I think that html5 gaming is a great idea for indie market

• I would like to see layouts in the near future, but mostly because then I could whip up a website in construct pretty easily....

• I would like to see layouts in the near future, but mostly because then I could whip up a website in construct pretty easily....

Yeah I know, all that stuff I learned for css positioning... out the window... happily.

Hmmm... C2CMS...

• > I would like to see layouts in the near future, but mostly because then I could whip up a website in construct pretty easily....

>

Yeah I know, all that stuff I learned for css positioning... out the window... happily.

Hmmm... C2CMS...

Offtopic: If you make a site with c2 then forget about being high in google. sry

• I've already cast my vote for animations and have no intention of taking it back. But a method of online and offline saving for games would eventually be nice.

With online, I'd imagine you could even make a basic CMS.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, html5 does have it's upsides as well i guess.

Someone wise said somewhere that the custom movement plugin would be good, and i agree. Then there's no hurry with the other ones.

• I've already cast my vote for animations and have no intention of taking it back. But a method of online and offline saving for games would eventually be nice.

With online, I'd imagine you could even make a basic CMS.

Online save games can be achieved either with:

• Cookies (unsecure)
    • HTML5 local storage (haven't read too much about this)
    • Server side technology

Plugin pairs, IE, a plugin for construct which works in tandem with a server side plugin (a PHP script for example) could be especially powerful and offer lots of functionality.

• Although most of you won't need it, it should be good to add support for special chars like � � � � � � � � etc. Currently the text object shows them correctly in the editor, however in Chrome � becomes for instance �'

• Are you sure that's not a browser bug? Construct 2 fully supports unicode.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)