Deltatime mean framerate independant right?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Awesome drifts on auto generate way,tap to steer right.
  • Hi guys,

I'm wondering if some of you noticed the same problem than me on some machines.

I'm using "Every X seconds" condition and sometime "Timers" and 1 second is often longer than 1 second on a lot of PCs with a Windows version inferior to 7.

Is there any workaround to this? I'm right when I say that "Every X seconds" AND Timers Behaviors use deltatime already so it should be framerate independent? I noticed that the users for wich the game duration are longer than it should be have low fps in the game, like 10-15, but even there I was sure it was enough for timers to stay ok, it's not like the game was less than 1 or 2 fps.

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could make your own timer.

lerp(variable.self,target,something*dt)

variable.self is greater than n, do foo

• Look for "Minimum framerate' in this document: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/67/del ... dependence

10-15 fps is a serious deviation from the 'acceptable fps that is smooth correctable by dt'.

The best solution is to optimize the game.

Setting the minimum framerate to 10 is a no, no.

Collissions will not be dedected and all sorts of other culprits.

You can make a timer based on the expression 'wallclocktime'.

The maximum error will then be the timeresolution, beeing 1 * dt, but usualy 1/2 * dt.

Dont use =, use > or <.

But, altaught this timer will be reasonable right, still ....

The BEST solution is to optimize the game, to keep dt between realistic boundarys.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)