Data structure

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • Since there is no way to declare a Data Structure to group the variables in Construct 2, I use objects (text), declare them Global and add the instance variables that I need. What do you think about using this technique?

• It shouldn't be a problem to do it that way, but you could use an Array object (and write down what each array position is used for) or use the Dictionary object which allows you to name the variables (add them by events on the first layout, then change their values/read them like normal variables.

• phimaka

That's what I also do. I used to use JayJay suggestion, but now I only use that method when I want persistent dad.

• I do it exactly that way as well .

• There are some 3rd plugins for data structure, like this one.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If it's a large data set, and performance is an issue, I like to use a four dimensional octree, with a recursive scalar index for the first couple of levels.

Otherwise, I just use global vars.

• If it's a large data set, and performance is an issue, I like to use a four dimensional octree, with a recursive scalar index for the first couple of levels.

Otherwise, I just use global vars.

If you're not using lambda calculus for your boss FSM and a kalman filter to determine the player's ability then I'm not interested....

Probably!

• > If it's a large data set, and performance is an issue, I like to use a four dimensional octree, with a recursive scalar index for the first couple of levels.

>

> Otherwise, I just use global vars.

>

>

>

If you're not using lambda calculus for your boss FSM and a kalman filter to determine the player's ability then I'm not interested....

Probably!

Yeah it almost goes without saying

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)