This is a free 2d cutout animation addon for Blender, similar to Spline and Spriter, which exports currently into Godot.
http://i64.tinypic.com/wiv6e1.jpg (highres version)
Github & details:
A Photoshop exporter script is included to export your 2d character directly into Blender.
The armature is simple to setup, and even weight painting is supported for full control over how the armature affects elements. All the animation tools in Blender, such as a dope sheet and full animation curves can be used to animate with.
- multiple animations per character (running, standing, jumping, etc.)
- rotation for elements
- scale deformations for elements
- opacity/alpha for elements
- z-depth control for elements
- Elements in your character can consist of one or more frames. This allows you to switch out parts for different ones (for example, blinking eyes, feet in various states, depending on the animation, or the animation frame.
The animation is exported to a JSON file. The addon and Blender are free, which would be a great alternative to both Spline and Spriter. A Godot game engine importer is already available.
I hope someone here will take up the challenge to create an importer for Construct.
List of Videos:
Discussion & feedback here: