Currently using 40k x 40k pixel size layout... going to 100k

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hi there

I'm currently making an 2D open world SCI-FI RPG thriller game, absolutely loving Construct 2 for this project (I use CRYENGINE for 3D stuff).

Currently I am using a layout of 40k x 40k (40,000 x 40,000) for the main city level, however there is a segment with a long chase scene at high speed...

Originally I planned to have a transitional point placed where the player would be taken to another "level" that is essentially just a continuation of what they were already playing in/on... but since I haven't seen any draw backs at 40k x 40k pixels layout... and I hear that since Construct 2 only renders what is on screen at any one moment (ignoring logic and on-going processes), it should be ok to boost it up to say 100k x 100k without much/any drawbacks? (Apart from filling in and populating all that space! but don't worry about that, I'm doing well so far )

Many thanks!

• The "high speed" part would be the most questionable.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The "high speed" part would be the most questionable.

Hi, when I say "high speed" I mean a car object at "400" speed, and being chased by a flying object above, at about the same speed... there will be other vehicles on the road as "bullet" objects, traveling at about 250/300 speed in a straight line.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)