Crosswalk Performance Mega-thread

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • imaffett

What kind of APKs are you after? Whole projects built by us, or just sample ones

Any that demonstrates a performance issue between Crosswalk 10 and Crosswalk 7

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • were you able to test my apps by chance?

You Can't Escape

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ddon&hl=en

Godsmash

and https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cape&hl=en

Sorry, I haven't tested it yet. We didn't enable Crosswalk 11 until recently in the XDK, so my guess is you are building it yourself via the command line.

Do you have a version with CW 7 that I can also test? Do you know the FPS you were getting? One problem I'm having is reporting data back to the team. Everyone is stating "visual" confirmation, but we need FPS too if possible.

• Crosswalk version 10 is a disaster ! on Galaxy s3 mini my game runs at 8 fps vs 45 fps if i use Crosswalk 7 (both Canvas 2d)

webgl is much worse ! (6 fps vs 12 fps)

Today i found this Warning inside Intel XDK software: "Warning: Crosswalk 7 uses an insecure version of OpenSSL and may be rejected by the Google Play Store. Use Crosswalk 10 if you plan to distribute via the Google Play Store."

if so it'll be a very big problem

please tell me what to do.

thanks

• Egyptoon

As stated in the first post, can you provide an APK to your game? And how are you testing the FPS?

We are working with the Crosswalk team to get this resolved, but need APK's for them to test, along with devices and OS's (which you provided)

• > We didn't enable Crosswalk 11 until recently in the XDK, so my guess is you are building it yourself via the command line.

>

>

Wait, what? I just updated XDK, but I didn't see Cwalk 11 as an option. How do we build with it?

• Egyptoon

As stated in the first post, can you provide an APK to your game? And how are you testing the FPS?

We are working with the Crosswalk team to get this resolved, but need APK's for them to test, along with devices and OS's (which you provided)

Thanks a lot, i sent you an email with the apk link and test results. check it please and many thanks for your reply.

• TiAm - I thought it was enabled, but I could be wrong. CW builds are not driven by an XDK update, they are fed from a server.

• Any news about Crosswalk 10 performance issue? can you just please update OpenSSL for Crosswalk 7 to get rid of GooglePlay Alert ? please

• Egyptoon

No update, the team is looking into it. I've only been given two APK's to tests. As to updating CW7, you will have to get in touch with the Crosswalk team for requests. As far as I know, there is no plan to do that.

• Hi imaffett,

Can you estimate when CW11 will be live in Intel XDK?

Can I expect weeks or months ? I am stuck with this for about 6 months.

I have a big 4 digit offer for an exclusive license for one of my games, but I can't wait another 6 months.

I know you guys are working hard to solve the problems, but I just need to know if it worth to wait, or I have to find another solution?

Thanks.

• imaffett

what about crosswalk 11 and its performance with C2 games ? any hope in the future ? and what about the next update from Intel XDK ? any improvements in performance ?

Games = Performance

it must be on top priority, so how come this update came with decreased performance ?!

• cesisco

same question at the same time !

• imaffett

any updates about crosswalk 10 performance issue please ? thanks for your help, i really appreciate your efforts working on this.

• Hi imaffett

I just sended you a PM with APKs examples

Thank you so much for what you're doing!

• imaffett

i sent you 2 apks of the same game, one built with Crosswalk 7 and the other Corsswalk 10

Thanks for your help and waiting for a fix asap please.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)