Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• We do not have a hudl2 . If you can hook up your device and get the log from ADB/Logcat, that will give us more info to look into

imaffett Re HUDL 2 Crash with v10 builds (v7 builds are OK)

Here is the crash report from Google Play.. says: "Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Use SharedXWalkView if you want to support shared mode"

Ver 10 builds run just fine on my other test devices, a (Moto G & HUAWEI Ascend Y330) I'm not sure why the HUDL 2 is a problem.

HUDL 2 Crash Report
    java.lang.RuntimeException in org.xwalk.core.ReflectionHelper.handleException

Device: hudl 2 (HTF8A4)
    Android version: Android 4.4

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at org.apache.cordova.CordovaActivity.makeWebView(CordovaActivity.java:325)
    at org.apache.cordova.CordovaActivity.init(CordovaActivity.java:361)
    at org.apache.cordova.CordovaActivity.init(CordovaActivity.java:353)
    at com.zoytek.retrorace.RetroSpeedRacer.onCreate(RetroSpeedRacer.java:31)
    at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5231)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1087)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2218)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2304)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.access$900(ActivityThread.java:142)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1255)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:149)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5097)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:794)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:610)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Use SharedXWalkView if you want to support shared mode
    at org.xwalk.core.ReflectionHelper.handleException(ReflectionHelper.java:233)
    at org.xwalk.core.ReflectionHelper.handleException(ReflectionHelper.java:237)
    at org.xwalk.core.ReflectionHelper.init(ReflectionHelper.java:132)
    at org.xwalk.core.ReflectionHelper.loadClass(ReflectionHelper.java:199)
    at org.xwalk.core.XWalkPreferences.setValue(XWalkPreferences.java:112)
    at org.apache.cordova.CordovaWebView.<clinit>(CordovaWebView.java:890)
    ... 18 more
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Use SharedXWalkView if you want to support shared mode
    ... 23 more[/code:1up21jhu]
  • The intel xdk getting worse everytime they update. I have 23 fps on simple platformer and its unplayable. CoconJs gives me 55fps all the time. Cocon JS should be brought back and be the tool of choice no 1. Also cocon, supports android 2.3 +. XDK 4+ and sucks.

• I can't believe all this time it still isn't fixed. I know CocoonJS isn't perfect either and I would love Crosswalk to be better. But it only keeps becoming worse. Maybe it's wise to look at CocoonJS again.. It's clear Crosswalk isn't the way to go right now....

• After publishing my 1st game which takes a lot of time and pain, I received an alert (insecure openSSL thing), same alert i got from intel xdk telling me not to use Crosswalk version 7 to compile !!!

so what i supposed to do ?! what is my fault ?!

compiling with Crosswalk 10 (that resolves the openSSL issue) has a very dramatic effect on fps, dropped from average 45 fps to less than 10 fps.

for 3 days i tried every thing day and night, nothing helped.

So i've been forced to upload a new APK that has a very poor performance in both fps and image quality because i disabled "High dpi" option to gain some performance

The average fps of the game now is about 20 vs 45 before with Crosswalk 7

I just need an updated version of Crosswalk 7 with no OpenSSL issue.

Crosswalk 10 is a disaster, and i don't know what is the purpose of creating it?! dropping fps of games in such a way that make them unplayable ?!

My game called "Propaganda" on Google play (icon attached with this post)

the previous version (built with Crosswalk 7 option in Intel XDK) you can download from egyptoon.net\Propaganda_v2.apk

compare both versions and tell me what do you think.

I'm so upset, and i really love C2 and its way of programming but i can't publish my game on GooglePlay any more

• ex32

Furdy

Egyptoon

Hey guys, relax. Around 2016 or 2017 everything should be fixed: jittering Crosswalk + AdMob banners slowing down Crosswalk + terrible slow audio-decode + big APK sizes...

you just need more patience

• hehe, It's like very sad déjà vu

• szymek

WHAT ?!!!! Are you serious ? 2016 to 2017 ? is it a scifi movie ?!

somebody kill me please, i don't wanna live anymore on that planet

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Egyptoon You should be thankful....on other planets, IntelXDK doesn't work at all....This is how evolution works: God creates -> Darwin evolves. Give it at least couple thousand years...

• Cipriux

OK, see you in a parallel universe.

• my game on Google store built with Crosswalk 7

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... propaganda

here is the same game version built with crosswalk 10

http://egyptoon.net/propaganda_xwalk10.apk

please check both versions for performance

• do you know the word patience?

give them some time to fix it, they will eventually, im sure.

btw its weekend and the Intel guys do that for work, so dont expect something happening on saturdays or sundays

• fldr

If GooglePlay can wait and be calm and stop sending me alerts every day I'll wait for a year, I'm very satisfied with the apk version i uploaded to the store, I'll be calm just if they stop pushing me to update my game in such a way that makes it unplayable.

I appreciate intel efforts for sure, i just want to know when can i expect the fix, and the most important point: is there a fix for that?! is it permanent ?!

I LOVE making games and i don't want to stop making games, I'm really REALLY enjoying this, until this issue came as a stopper and destroyed all my plans.

Thanks for your reply.

• The intel xdk getting worse everytime they update. I have 23 fps on simple platformer and its unplayable. CoconJs gives me 55fps all the time. Cocon JS should be brought back and be the tool of choice no 1. Also cocon, supports android 2.3 +. XDK 4+ and sucks.

Hello.

Well, I think that the android 2.3+ support it's not an amazing feature.

Android 2.3.3-2.3.7 has only a 6.9% and all those devices are way to old and slow.

Do you know if CJS supports AJAX and XML?

• fldr

If GooglePlay can wait and be calm and stop sending me alerts every day I'll wait for a year, I'm very satisfied with the apk version i uploaded to the store, I'll be calm just if they stop pushing me to update my game in such a way that makes it unplayable.

I appreciate intel efforts for sure, i just want to know when can i expect the fix, and the most important point: is there a fix for that?! is it permanent ?!

I LOVE making games and i don't want to stop making games, I'm really REALLY enjoying this, until this issue came as a stopper and destroyed all my plans.

Thanks for your reply.

dont panic!

there was a security issue before with crosswalk, the Intel guys fixed it fast, i didnt rebuild my game for about two month and google didnt do anything in this time except for the warnings.

just continue with your plans and try hard to be more patient

• Yeah! I will love to have a better performance, so I will wait. Be patient.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)