Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• neverk - i just started another thread trying to track down the performance issues. If you can go there and post the relevant information, it will help the engineers investigate the performance problem.

• imaffett

What is the status of the Crosswalk Player app? Search for "Crosswalk Player" on this page:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/ ... t2_android

I just DL'd it to find it's all the way back on crosswalk version 8. Could we get a v10 version? It's way easier than having to re-export and rebuild in XDK, which is an insanely overcomplicated workflow during heavy development.

• Hey!

I've just updated Intel XDK. When I open it, I get this message:

[attachment=0:3vzwox0x][/attachment:3vzwox0x]

What should I select?

• Hey!

I've just updated Intel XDK. When I open it, I get this message:

[attachment=0:10jtehxs][/attachment:10jtehxs]

What should I select?

HTML5+Cordova

• imaffett

What is the status of the Crosswalk Player app? Search for "Crosswalk Player" on this page:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/ ... t2_android

I just DL'd it to find it's all the way back on crosswalk version 8. Could we get a v10 version? It's way easier than having to re-export and rebuild in XDK, which is an insanely overcomplicated workflow during heavy development.

I'll ask Brandon (I share an office with him). If you get App Preview from the Intel XDK, we use Crosswalk 10 in it. It will auto-install for you if you go to the debug tab and try testing.

• imaffett

Thanks for the reply.

Gave app preview a try, but my framerates tanked...went from ~40fps with cwalk 7/10 to single digit framerates with app preview.

Crosswalk Player is definately the way to go, since app preview still requires me to export every time I want to test a change, which is a much slower workflow.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • TiAm - that's no good! App Preview's performance should be similar. I will put that on my todo's for when I get back from GDC.

• neverk - i just started another thread trying to track down the performance issues. If you can go there and post the relevant information, it will help the engineers investigate the performance problem.

imaffett

Hi, That sounds great. I'll try to do that as soon as possible.

• A 5mb construct 2 file will become 20MB when compile to Android apk. Is there anywhere we can reduce the apk size? Is IntelXDX will improve on this?

• Hi everyone!

I am trying to emulate the game in the Intel XDK but I am getting "404: Intel XDK can't find your app

Do you have index.html in your source directory?" I am doing the exact steps as I do in the previous versions:

Export from Construct 2 as cordova

new project > import from a HMTL5... > upgraded to a HTML5 + cordova

I am doing something wrong?

I am using the last version of Intel XDK: 1816

Thanks!

• Rocam - did you get this resolved? It sounds like the source directory was set incorrectly. You can always create a new blank project and copy your C2 files over.

• I'm getting the same issue as Rocam - If I try to import an HTML5 website, it gets correctly emulated, but if I use Cordova export option, then I get no preview on emulation, I get the "index.html" missing, but it's there!

Where do we copy our files?

• I could get the emulator working correctly.

But I generated an APK, loaded it into my tablet via dropbox, and it shows absolutely nothing. When the app just starts, if I tap quickly then it shows some graphical corruption.

Edit: also tested on my old android 4.0 phone, same issue.

I'll send you a PM with the app.

• New Intel® XDK - Update - 2015 March 10 v1826

We are working on upgrading 7 with a version that will fix the SSL error. I will report back your findings about the port change though.

did you finished this update ? please i need to use Crosswalk version 7 not 10, but i've the SSL alert

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)