Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• .. but I can't use that as I can't get sound working.

you have to add the Media plugin in the XDKs plugin section to get sound working with Android build

• fldr I did but my but I cant get my backround music to loop i have tryied making it a music or sound file ..

Do you know how to fix it?

• Raiper341 any idea on issue for leadbolt displaying ads on app screen from where u cant go back after exporting from crosswalk?

thanks

Use cranberry leadbolt cordova plugin and copnstruct2 plugin

• Ashley IntelRobert

Not sure if this was mentioned or is it XDK or C2 issue so I will post it here first.

On XDK crosswalk beta/stable music (files from folder Music in C2) can't be muted/unmuted and they do not respect "set volume" actions.

I have a global variable "Music" that can be change in runtime and one music file playing with tag "music":

music = 0 -> Set "music" muted

music = 1 -> Set "music" unmuted

music = 2 -> Set "music" volume to lerp(Audio.Volume("music"), 20, 8*dt)

none of this events works on crosswalk :/

• It's a chromium issue, and crosswalk depends on chromium. You can read more about it here:

Ashley IntelRobert

Not sure if this was mentioned or is it XDK or C2 issue so I will post it here first.

On XDK crosswalk beta/stable music (files from folder Music in C2) can't be muted/unmuted and they do not respect "set volume" actions.

I have a global variable "Music" that can be change in runtime and one music file playing with tag "music":

music = 0 -> Set "music" muted

music = 1 -> Set "music" unmuted

music = 2 -> Set "music" volume to lerp(Audio.Volume("music"), 20, 8*dt)

none of this events works on crosswalk :/

• IntelRobert

I missed that post, Thanks for the info.

• IntelRobert

I made the following plugins open (free):

Phonegap Admob

Phonegap Game (Google Play Games / Game Center, SDK)

Phonegap IAP

Phonegap FacebookPB (Social)

Ejecta Admob

Download form this post:

I wish this helps every body to use crosswalk.

Thanks

• My games exported with Crosswalk work great however, I have a few devices that have Rockchip processors and the games won't even load. I get a black screen then the apps close. Is there a reason for this or a workaround?

• I have compiled my game with intel xdk crosswalk for android.

when i am testing with several devices, i got an error message in a Sony 4.0 phone when open the app. it says "connection to the server was unsuccessful file:///android_asset/www/index.html".

but this error is not given always. it gave in some time.

other problem is splash screen. I need to display a splash screen with a logo and progress bar ( as in construct 2 html5 export ). but when i tested in many devices, a black color screen is appeared for long time (5-10 seconds) and after long black screen only progress bar is displayed for short time (2 seconds) and logo is not displayed.

So how to fix above two problems ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • fldr I did but my but I cant get my backround music to loop i have tryied making it a music or sound file ..

Do you know how to fix it?

i have to check this, dont have music loops, only normal soundeffects and they work fine by just putting them in as sound effects and using the "normal" play event

• IntelRobert

I think this can be a bug in intel XDK.

I have exported my game using Intel XDK crosswalk for android. I have set version code property as "1"(because it is my first release). but when i build the app, intel xdk automatically set and change the version code as "60001". .so why i cant set version code as i want in intel xdk propert. (this issue was not in old version of intel xdk software, but new update have this issue) Thanks.

• tharindutpd this is normal they do this big gap as they export both the x86 and arm apks for your apk. So they make the X86 60000+ and 20000+for arm. Google play uses the version code to determine what version to install so they make that big gap so that you will not have any issues with them over lapping. just keep adding one each time you update your app and everything will be fine

• Quick question.

I'm about to publish my first google play game (yay!)

in XDK I've setup

"Minimum Android Version - 16"

"Target Android Version - 18"

In Developer Console my apk files details shows "API levels - 16+"

but on my "play.google.com/store....game" test link it shows

"Requires Android: 1.6 and up"

Is that normal?!

• No that's not right. I have minimum as 14 and mine reports as 14+ and "4.0 and up" in the store. You should double check your XDK setings.

• I did :/

Maybe it needs to be set as 14 for google play to show it correctly?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)