Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• I support Crosswalk Intel XDK.

So freed Phonegap Admob plugin and Phonegap IAP plugin.

Go to download:

Very kind of you to do that.

If any C2 dev use these (I'm sure its the most sought after feature for XDK), please consider donating to cranberrygame.

• New update

Intel XDK - Release - 2014 September 08 v1332

• i just tested my game with the latest construct 2 and intel xdk build and i am really quite happy with the performanc. i didnt notice a performance loss compared to cocoonjs. however my app uses more memory ( ram) with intel xdk. with cocoonjs my app needs 170mb ram and with intel xdk 200mb. does anyone have any idea why? its the same file. i am worried that 200mb ram might be too much

• There isn't a way to make app preview go full screen and hide status bar. I entered a feature request, but it may take a while.

As a workaround, I updated the crosswalk view app, which can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

CrosswalkPlayer.arm.8.37.189.2.apk is the ARM crosswalk 8 version. You can use the Construct2 preview over wifi feature and point this app at the construct2 server to preview your app. Back button and anything else cordova-related will not work.

If you are having XDK build issues, feel free to PM me.

IntelRobert can preview or debug from XDK run in fullscreen? Testing it via USB on my Galaxy S3, there is always statusbar visible on top of the screen and its screwing scaling of my game :/

edit: and btw. is XDK working fine? I can't build anything :/

• Unfortunately I don't have an access to wifi so I'm stuck on USB preview (which I prefer cause it's quite fast to do) or build and install app on my phone - this takes too much time for simple previews. But thanks for sending feature request!

• IntelRobert are there any plans to do offline crosswalk projects (compilation on the cloud is fine as long as the service is accesible and an internet connection is at your disposal but not otherwise, I think this is not that great for some people)

• Aphrodite

I'm one of them. I'm on mobile internet (no other options available) and usually "send - compile - download" takes more than 30 minutes since my mobile provider "fixed" their infrastructure...

Offline build would be really nice addition.

• It is possible to do a local build if you install crosswalk, android sdk, python, and use some command line tools. You can read about it more here:

https://crosswalk-project.org/

• Hello everyone,

I have attempted to use Google analytics I used this plugin:

http://suntemple.co/construct-2/google- ... cs-plugin/

And it works if I am using the intel XDK emulator, I can see all the data and interactions I have with the app. However, if I make the app a crosswalk app, Google Analytics stops working completely.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Is there any remedy to this issue?

If not, I think I will have to get 100+ monkeys with type writers to figure this one out...

• Hello everyone,

I have attempted to use Google analytics I used this plugin: ... cs-plugin/

And it works if I am using the intel XDK emulator, I can see all the data and interactions I have with the app. However, if I make the app a crosswalk app, Google Analytics stops working completely.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Is there any remedy to this issue?

If not, I think I will have to get 100+ monkeys with type writers to figure this one out...

Did you try to debug your app via remote debugging feature, aka. Chrome DevTools? You would get some error message from the debugging console.

Or, you can try to run 'adb logcat | grep CONSOLE' to see what is the output message.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Right now I am getting

"The build failed

An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again."

Is there something wrong with the build servers right now or is it just something with my project?

• russpuppy

I just got the same error, this is my first time using XDK so I figured it was my fault .

• Nope ArcadEd I am getting the same error and I have been using it for a while

• hmin, thanks for that! Maybe there is a porblem with the code I keep getting:

"Google Analytics Plugin: time tracking for cat___Game___name___TimeOnLevel1 was not started yet is now attempted to be stopped! "

So it isn't starting at all, which is odd...

but for some reason on the emulator it is starting and stopping correctly?!?

russpuppy, must be something wrong with your assets...

, I had problems with intel XDK to begin with. What you need to do is create the project and then export your game into the project. That always works for me.

• Nope ArcadEd I am getting the same error and I have been using it for a while

Same here. Thought my project had become corrupted..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)