Crosswalk Intel XDK experiences

• Hi IntelRobert, first of all thank you, now, I sent you a pm with my capx, I appreciate your help

• >

> I've just tested with High DPI in C2 and compiled with Intel XDK using the canary beta option. It broke my WebGL effect "Glass" (from C2's default effects), it works fine with High DPI is set to No in C2. Quite strange.

>

> All it is is a 128 x 128 white sprite with Glass effect, set to grow by 20 pixels height and width every frame.

>

>

Hi hmin, its been awhile, have you guys ever got the WebGL effect "Glass" to work on IntelXDK/Xwalk? Obviously has to run in WebGL mode for acceleration and not with it off.

• YES it works, tried it on the latest build beta, works really flawless.

Overall, game performance is 30-60 fps and thats great for such a complex RPG/RTS with way too much particles & explosions.

Come on guys, lets get that IAP support working!

IntelRobert Do you guys know if its possible to implement Immersive Mode as an option?

• Hi, I am not sure if it is easy for you to make your app be aware of high dpi screen as following:

<style>
     #theCanvas {
        width: 50%;
        height: 50%;
    }
    <style>
    <canvas id="theCanvas"></canvas>
    <script>
    window.onload = main();

function main() {
      var canvas = document.getElementById("theCanvas");
      var devicePixelRatio = window.devicePixelRatio || 1;

// set the size of the drawingBuffer based on the size it's displayed.
      canvas.width = canvas.clientWidth * devicePixelRatio;
      canvas.height = canvas.clientHeight * devicePixelRatio;

var gl = canvas.getContext("webgl");
    }
    </script>
    [/code:epenkmp4]

According to my some tests, it can address most of webgl resolution related issues on a high dpi mode. Could you please have a try?

>

> >

> > I've just tested with High DPI in C2 and compiled with Intel XDK using the canary beta option. It broke my WebGL effect "Glass" (from C2's default effects), it works fine with High DPI is set to No in C2. Quite strange.

> >

> > All it is is a 128 x 128 white sprite with Glass effect, set to grow by 20 pixels height and width every frame.

> >

> >

>

>

Hi hmin, its been awhile, have you guys ever got the WebGL effect "Glass" to work on IntelXDK/Xwalk? Obviously has to run in WebGL mode for acceleration and not with it off.

• hmin It works, I recently retested it again on High DPI mode with the latest Xwalk/XDK beta compiler. The WebGL effects work really well. Now just waiting for Intel to update XDK with IAPs. Also since you're here, any news on Immersive Mode (100% fullscreen, removing the home buttons) support?

• Any news regarding AdMob Integration also on Keystore control?

• hmin It works, I recently retested it again on High DPI mode with the latest Xwalk/XDK beta compiler. The WebGL effects work really well. Now just waiting for Intel to update XDK with IAPs. Also since you're here, any news on Immersive Mode (100% fullscreen, removing the home buttons) support?

Great. For immersive mode fullscreen, we already have the solution to fix, maybe it will be XDK next update, and we will push it to the public as soon as possible. I am sorry to say you still need to wait for a while.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great. For immersive mode fullscreen, we already have the solution to fix, maybe it will be XDK next update, and we will push it to the public as soon as possible. I am sorry to say you still need to wait for a while.

Does we have a updates list? i need to see if we will have admob integration also control over keys..

• Hello, i tried to use Touch Orientation and i can't do it work when i use CROSSWALK on XDK, but in the emulator (of XDK) run it well.

This is my event sheet

http://puu.sh/amlZE/2b76cfab5f.png

in the emulator the text of BETA ALPHA and GAMMA change and show the orientation, but when i use CROSSWALK, stay in 0.

this is my layout

http://puu.sh/ammbF/8d04df1d09.png

Sorry for my poor english.

UPDATE:

I did it with Cordova for Andorid on Intel XDK, but i can't configure the icon of the app, and the screen was cut off a little from the left and right side.

But i can't do it work on Crosswalk for android.

• Are you saying the integration with Corodva AdMob plugin? IntelRobert

>

> Great. For immersive mode fullscreen, we already have the solution to fix, maybe it will be XDK next update, and we will push it to the public as soon as possible. I am sorry to say you still need to wait for a while.

>

Does we have a updates list? i need to see if we will have admob integration also control over keys..

• So the problem you meet is, the touch/device orientation can not work on the real device, but it works on the emulator, right? If so, could you please double-check if the device orientation sensor works in Chrome for Android?

Hello, i tried to use Touch Orientation and i can't do it work when i use CROSSWALK on XDK, but in the emulator (of XDK) run it well.

• Are you saying the integration with Corodva AdMob plugin? IntelRobert

>

> >

> > Great. For immersive mode fullscreen, we already have the solution to fix, maybe it will be XDK next update, and we will push it to the public as soon as possible. I am sorry to say you still need to wait for a while.

> >

>

> Does we have a updates list? i need to see if we will have admob integration also control over keys..

>

yes or even direct support for admob

• Yes the orientation to beta alpha and gamma...

i tried on Chrome for Android, and nothing, don't work, some solution or something, maybe fix it with cordova for android idk !

So the problem you meet is, the touch/device orientation can not work on the real device, but it works on the emulator, right? If so, could you please double-check if the device orientation sensor works in Chrome for Android?

> Hello, i tried to use Touch Orientation and i can't do it work when i use CROSSWALK on XDK, but in the emulator (of XDK) run it well.

>

>

• Yes the orientation to beta alpha and gamma...

i tried on Chrome for Android, and nothing, don't work, some solution or something, maybe fix it with cordova for android idk !

Hi Souki

Try to check with chrome this little app: http://testkg.altervista.org/tacc/

If you can see the second pair of values working your phone is simply missing gyroscope and you cannot use touch.alpha/beta/gamma to retrieve the device inclination. You'll have to use touchaccelerationwithG values and some trigonometry to retrieve it with the accelerometer.

If you can't see anything working there's probably something wrong between your phone sensors readings and chromium.

• Nope, nothings with Touch.xxx

but, work with emulated.

well, for now i can use it ludei for compilate the apk, and work fine... but i like it XDK much more.

> Yes the orientation to beta alpha and gamma...

>

> i tried on Chrome for Android, and nothing, don't work, some solution or something, maybe fix it with cordova for android idk !

>

>

Hi Souki

Try to check with chrome this little app: http://testkg.altervista.org/tacc/

If you can see the second pair of values working your phone is simply missing gyroscope and you cannot use touch.alpha/beta/gamma to retrieve the device inclination. You'll have to use touchaccelerationwithG values and some trigonometry to retrieve it with the accelerometer.

If you can't see anything working there's probably something wrong between your phone sensors readings and chromium.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)