Corrupted .capx file

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • I worked on a card game for few days now. Everything worked perfectly till I just added the sound object + added a short sound to the game. It's a sound of a card being flipped which I used before with no issues.

I also added a .m4a format cause this game is aimed to the iPad environment.

When I wished to preview the game (as done many times before without problems) I got a blue screen of death saying an error occurred with igxpdx32.dll

After a restart I can't open the .capx file. It says it can't be open for zipping.

Can I extract something from this file or does this whole project lost?

I work with XP.

• Blue screen of deaths indicate a driver or hardware problem, which is probably not Construct 2's fault :-\ (a quick Google shows that DLL is an Intel graphics driver - are your drivers up to date? Also, Intel graphics are terrible, you might want to consider an ATI or nVidia card)

.capx files are renamed .zip files so try renaming it to .zip and opening it. Alternatively you could try using some zip recovery tools if you can find any on the web. Unfortunately if that doesn't work you may have learned to backup regularly the hard way.

• Thanks Ashley.

After writing this (before reading your post) I made the name-change "trick". After it failed I used this program "DiskInternals ZIP Repair" to fix the file. So far it seems it fixed the issue.

I didn't think the BSOD was C2 fault. My PC works on the (poor) internal graphic "card". One day I'll replace it.

I think I'll stop using the CapX option. Putting all eggs in one basket is too risky. I wasn't cool to feel as if all the work I've done vanished.

As far as I understand the other option works with text files. If I'm not wrong here it's much safer when things go wrong (BSOD, electric failure, Meteor strike, EMP).

As for backups I agree with you completely but I'm sure you know the Murphy law about backups.

• Thanks Ashley.

After writing this (before reading your post) I made the name-change "trick". After it failed I used this program "DiskInternals ZIP Repair" to fix the file. So far it seems it fixed the issue.

I tried that program, but now Construct 2 crashes whenever I load the .capx file...

• OMG I Fixed My Zip/Capx File With DiskInternals Zip Repair But Whenever I open The Recovered Capx File C2 JUST CRASHES!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! it was my 1st game, i took almost 3 weeks on it and THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!! please help me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • or instead i have to worry with all my project being lost you could make a decent software.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)