Copyright Issues

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • I'm going to hopefully publish this game, however a song I want to use ( Rollin at 5 by Kevin MacLeod ) sounds a little similar to a Kirby video game theme song. Is it still safe to use?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm going to hopefully publish this game, however a song I want to use ( Rollin at 5 by Kevin MacLeod ) sounds a little similar to a Kirby video game theme song. Is it still safe to use?

depends... i encountered a similar issue with a mix for a project i was working on...

in my case the guy who mixed the original song... had a license for it... however i needed to find by myself the actual creator... and get a license from them also... and then i found out there was another guy that had a publishing deal licensing i needed to pay...

anyway... what u need to do is ... find who is the original creator... dont mind Kevin MacLeod... unless he has a publishing deal on his mix given to him by the original author... which allows him to resell licenses of his work ...

in other case where the original creator is Kevin MacLeod u need to contact him... for legal purposes... in case ur thing is monetized... (iap, selling digital copies of it including the song inside, etc) if its only Ads well ... ehm... not sure ...

in ur case... i did a little research... u need to contact this people http://incompetech.com/ is them who owns the license publishing deals for that song... read their terms of use for their sounds and what u can or u cant do with their songs... gluck

• Thanks for all the help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)