Construct2 CocoonJS Compatibilty

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • My friend has been nagging for a while on me to help him export his game on Android. I recommended CooconJS because I liked it as a website and I see the most easy and free to compile. anyway is there any compatibility lack that is not supported by CooconJS. By the way is Set Web Font is not supported too? has anything changed in compatibility? and is really cocoonJS is deprecated by Construct2? thanks...

• I think there was a list of cocoonJS(canvas+) limitations:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/303/ho ... o-cocoonjs

"Compatibility

The following features are not supported in CocoonJS. If any of them are used, Construct 2 will print a message to the debug log saying that they are not supported.

• The form control plugins Textbox and Button are not supported.
    • The XML object is not supported.
    • The Facebook object is not supported.
    • The letterbox fullscreen modes are not supported. If they are selected, it will fall back to 'Scale outer' mode instead.
    • The Text plugin's 'Set web font' action is not supported.
    • The WebStorage plugin's session storage is not available. Use local storage or global variables instead."

This may not be up to date, due to the fact C2 does not support it anymore (that means C2 will not do specific treatment to make cocoonJS work, AFAIK, it works better than before, but you need to install the open source plugin, see ludei signature for more infos.)

cocoonJS webview and Webview+ are not under the same limitations, but will not run well under iOS 8 and Android 5.

The cocoonJS export is not nessecary, but you can right click in the exporter window to show the deprecated exporters, as of r192, cocoonJS webview, webview+, crosswalk, phonegap, and other cordova exports should use the "Cordova" exporter If I believe the release note.

• Hi all.

i just stumbled on this problem:

The Textbox is not supported.

I want to make serach on mobile devices.

Any tips on how to solve this?

ludei ?

• Hello,

Yes, there is an example in the demo about how to use the Keyboard inputs for Canvas+. They are included in he latest plugin.

If you download one of these capx, you will see how to use these functions: https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-pl ... aster/capx

Regards

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • oh this was fast... thanx... im on it right away!

• ludei

I have following situation.

on iphone6 your demo works like this:

1. canvas+ is just black screen... it won't open at all

2. on webview it opens but it don't work... no keyboard to make input

3. on webview+ same as webview

on my crappy android tablet your demo works and i can make text input and phone number input.

what do you recommend for solving iOS issue?

• Hello,

First I need to know how you are exporting the demo. In addition, as it seems to be an iOS problem, is there something remarkable in the device log? In Canvas+, please.

The rest, it makes sense, as Webview+ and the System Webview support DOM access and this method is not necessary. You can use DOM UI elements on those environments.

Regards

• ludei

Hello,

After some poking arround iw removed your demo default setting for Leaderboard service from Google Play games to None and now it works.

Aldo for some reason your demo shows plugin name CocoonJSAds and in mine project its called CocoonJS (without Ads)?

Is there a way to check plugin version?

Thanx!

• If you managed to run the demo, for sure it is the latest one . It is just a different name. If you click on the CocoonJS object, you will see that the type of the object is CocoonJS and the name is CocoonJSAds.

In any case, the plugin will go back to its previous state every time you update C2. We recommend to update it just after updating C2, in order to prevent error.

Regards

• Thank you... all works!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)