Coding For C2?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
5 levels with simple coding Source-code (.c3p) + HTML5 Exported
  • Will there ever be a programing language for Construct 2 ?. I think it would be faster and easier to make games. Yoyo games have drag and drop and a special language called GML , why Construct 2 cant ?. Not saying that C2 should forget about Drag and Drop, and change everything into Code, But just that developers have a different experience making Games.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Don't think of it as drag and drop(which it it really isn't, I mean technically you would do the same kind of drag and drop with code... ). Think of it like advanced copy and paste(without the copy, and paste).

• The point of Construct 2 is to have events and drag and drop. If it did what Game Maker does then people would have chosen to use game maker over Construct 2. I have actually made really simple games with just HTML,Javascript, and CSS. It takes a ton of code and is not worth it.

Phaser is easy to code framework, that migh be what your looking for. Its coding but reduced.

• If you find coding easier then you could write plugins for c2 in JavaScript.

• The point of Construct 2 is to have events and drag and drop. If it did what Game Maker does then people would have chosen to use game maker over Construct 2. I have actually made really simple games with just HTML,Javascript, and CSS. It takes a ton of code and is not worth it.

Phaser is easy to code framework, that migh be what your looking for. Its coding but reduced.

You're right.

• So what JavaScript game engine is the easiest to use ?

• I hope that C3 will have some sort of coding options besides the Browser object's option or making plugins. However I don't think this should be a priority, since the event-system is so powerful, that it can cover almost anything.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)