CocoonJS Webview+ on iOS8+ (It's FAST!)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
It's here!
$4.95 USD
Creepy and nasty horror track. It's terrifying from the beginning till the end. Goosebumps guaranteed
  • iOS8 adoption is coming along great.. let's hope the audio issue is resolved soon!

Since it was running so fast, I thought I'd up the ante a bit and add in more parallax layers, effects and proper trails:

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Still running crazy fast on iOS. It can take more! O_o

Very exciting times for C2 mobile devs, we can essentially make a full blown PC quality game without fear of it running like a slideshow.

What about iphone 4s? Have you tried it? It's not so fast as ipad mini 2, but i thought that you need to support it to publish your game to appstore.

• What about iphone 4s? Have you tried it? It's not so fast as ipad mini 2, but i thought that you need to support it to publish your game to appstore.

You don't need it to publish, you just need to be specific in your targeted device in the App description itself as well as the testing notes to Apple.

ie. Designed for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6/Plus and iPads with Retina Display.

They accept it if you are very clear about it.

• Your game looks awesome! Good work!

• Your game looks awesome! Good work!

Thanks, it's been a learning process for a complete newbie. I was very inspired seeing The Next Penelope & Airscape. I didn't want to do too much since Star Nomad was originally designed to be a mobile game first, so performance was key.

I'm hoping to make Star Nomad 2 as presentable as some of the best PC/MAC 2D space games out there (and confident now it'll run well on iOS!)... it's a long way to go.

• You don't need it to publish, you just need to be specific in your targeted device in the App description itself as well as the testing notes to Apple.

ie. Designed for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6/Plus and iPads with Retina Display.

They accept it if you are very clear about it.

Wow, i didn't know that, thanks for the info.

• It seems the audio bug is limited to Ogg audio format. I removed M4A audio previously to prevent redundancy and wasting of space on mobiles, and Ogg works fine with Canvas+ and XDK. But it seems CJS's Webview+ doesn't like only Ogg, but it works just fine with M4A.

So, problem solved!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It seems the audio bug is limited to Ogg audio format. I removed M4A audio previously to prevent redundancy and wasting of space on mobiles, and Ogg works fine with Canvas+ and XDK. But it seems CJS's Webview+ doesn't like only Ogg, but it works just fine with M4A.

So, problem solved!

I would think that both iOS webview and safari actually supports the same audio formats (last time I checked, apple did not implement support for the ogg vorbis format in safari, and so I would expect that for the same reason of them, they would not support it either in the webview), and the same with android webview and chrome for android(but I think chrome supports both ogg vorbis and m4a, others would confirm or deceive that I think).

• I would think that both iOS webview and safari actually supports the same audio formats (last time I checked, apple did not implement support for the ogg vorbis format in safari, and so I would expect that for the same reason of them, they would not support it either in the webview), and the same with android webview and chrome for android(but I think chrome supports both ogg vorbis and m4a, others would confirm or deceive that I think).

The browser does, but there seems to be a conflict somewhere between C2's HTML5 Web export and CJS's 2.1 Webview+ implementation.

I see in Xcode6.1 debug, audio calls only ever seeks to load the M4A file and not the Ogg file. This is why when I delete the M4A it never plays sounds.

The reason I keep Ogg is that it works fine on Intel XDK and CJS Canvas+ for iOS. Now I'll just keep Ogg for Android and M4A for Webview+ its not a problem anymore.

• Hi, what export option did you use? Cordova, CocoonJS(deprecated) or HTML5 Website?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)