CocoonJS updated to 1.4.7

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • I know that Crossroads is the fun new thing to talk about but I'd like to discuss some of the new CocoonJS updates.

Here's the blog post about the new update

So a few things that stand out to me is the new Brightroll ad network support. Anyone know how this works with MoPub and if we can just use the existing CocoonJS plugin to call these ads?

Also it mentions "Handle back button in the Webview", but I'm not sure if they'll be adding back button functionality for canvas/webgl mode?

There's a few other things in the update but you can read it for yourself.

Any thoughts on how this update could effect Construct 2 developers or possibly things that could be added to the CocoonJS plugin?

• What I want to know is when was the CocoonJS C2 plugin last updated.

I'd like to see some features from the last update being implemented in C2, like Google Play Games support.

• Wow, Im most excited about the Tizen support. Does anyone know if its like porting through ludei to googleplay and if it works? I really hope so!

• What I want to know is when was the CocoonJS C2 plugin last updated.

I'd like to see some features from the last update being implemented in C2, like Google Play Games support.

You may want to ask Ludei that, as as far as I'm aware, Ashley told them to update the plugin from now on as they are the ones who know their own API.

Ashley mentions it HERE

• i hope scirra doesn't give up on CocoonJS yet, it's still the best option if you want things like ads in your app (hopefully crossroads will get more features soon)

• You may want to ask Ludei that, as as far as I'm aware, Ashley told them to update the plugin from now on as they are the ones who know their own API.

Ashley mentions it HERE

Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm saying that even though Ludei added new features to CocoonJS, that doesn't mean they're all supported in Construct 2, at least not via the official CocoonJS plugin (there's always the option that we make out own custom plugins).

• C2 stable is updated, they included screencanvas with WebG, it would change the performance on some devices, anyone tried it?

• I have a question on the forums about the Google Play Games support. I also emailed support and they said they would just answer the question on the forums. That was 4 days ago.

http://support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/articles/200862506-Construct-2

• C2 stable is updated, they included screencanvas with WebG, it would change the performance on some devices, anyone tried it?Just tried it, no difference in performance.

My Layouts have 6 layers though, I am unsure from reading Ludei's info, Screencanvas only accelerates one layer or something??

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i hope scirra doesn't give up on CocoonJS yet, it's still the best option if you want things like ads in your app (hopefully crossroads will get more features soon)

+1.

I don't see that happening anytime soon, tho - CocoonJS is still the only viable option for iOS-development.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)