CocoonJS "Open URL in New Window" problems

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • I am working to release a game via CocoonJS and ran into a fairly big problem with opening web pages. I am hoping I am just making a silly error, so I thought I'd come here to see if someone else can get it working.

In short, I am compiling on CJS using Webview+ and want to use the C2 Browser plugin "Open URL in New Window."

I found that using "Go to URL" uses the entire app as a browser (no surprise here, really), and is really not functional. I figured opening a new window would be better, assuming Safari would pop up with the window I had requested. This, however, does absolutely nothing. Even though Webview+ is a must for my game, Canvas+ doesn't work either (which is confusing, since I remember it working in the past).

Is anyone else able to open a window in Safari through CocoonJS in Webview+? If so, how are you doing it?

• Hi Davis, I have the same problem. Were you able to find the fix for this issue? Or found a work around?

• Yeah! I am now using the Browser Plugin's "Execute Javascript."

Then, execute "Cocoon.App.openURL('http://www.google.com');"

• Thanks. I'll try that one out. I'll try to extend Cocoonjs plugin, to trigger this kind of events. It seems we really need to code a few of their features.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That would be fantastic. The plugin just has giant holes in it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)