Cocoonjs+Mopub problem, banner appears every X sec

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • Hi,

I have a game where i want to use ads when is in pause or in game over, but not while playing. I preload the banner on start layout, and i hide or show the banner when i need it.

The problem comes because sometimes the banner appears without any call, even i tried to load the layout that contains the banner, change to another layout without any cocoonjs code, and wait... and i get the ad too after 30-60 seconds.

If i use "hide banner" on every tick the banner is hidden always but the moment that appears again, is visible during 1 frame and its very disgusting.

Someone has the same problem? there is any solution?

P.D.: I use mopub+admob and i have the update banner from admob deactivated.

• Same issue with my game, small banner ad only in shop menus and not during gameplay.. I had to add: CocoonJS "is showing ad banner" => "hide ad banner" for gameplay stages. It pops in for 1 frame and out again so it solves the issue mostly, though its still rather annoying.

Seems to be a CocoonJS thing, once you call in an Ad it will try to refresh it once in awhile.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In my case is a vertical shooter whith touch controls, and i want the ad in "ARE YOU READY?" state and in the "GAME OVER" state, but the banner appears 1 frame while you are playing and is just over the spaceship so is very anoying :(

• Bump

Happens to me too...I show one banner on the menu screen, and then it pops up again during gameplay, despite not being even in the same layout...Yeah, there is the solution Silverforce says but its indeed still annoying...

Any solutions?

• Momio , you only need to use the updated plugin of cocoonjs, link:

https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin

In my case it solved most of the problems, of course, I still use version 1.4.7 compiler.

• In my case it solved most of the problems, of course, I still use version 1.4.7 compiler.

Genuinely not sure here, why use the old compiler?

In my case it solved most of the problems, of course, I still use version 1.4.7 compiler.

Well, I think it works, and I say "I think" because it seems that today admob is working whenever it feels like it and I cant test this properly...

Thanks!

Well, I think it works, and I say "I think" because it seems that today admob is working whenever it feels like it and I cant test this properly...

Thanks!

• GeometriX Momio

Maybe I should have left everything clearer, with the solution I gave, you solve the problem of ads. The issue is that the mopub itself is not a reliable tool to have a good fillrate, then surely I can assure you that you will not always have advertisements being displayed.

You at least read the logs of new compilers cocoonjs? They have bug's with the combination admob + mopub and has a large mismatch with most samsung devices.

Read this:

support.ludei.com/hc/en-us/articles/203425667-CocoonJS-v2-0-1

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)