CocoonJS loading error?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • We have a problem... in some smartphones our app finishes the loading, but in some other ones, it stops around 75%...

Anyone have this problem too?

it is really a CocoonJS problem? ... the app works fine compiled by phonegap, we prefer using Cocoon for the extensions...

This can be caused by the texture size? our bigger one is 2286x320...

some phones have potential to run the app and show this error, for example:

-Nexus 7

-Motorola razr d1

• Good luck finding what the issue is

Don't make textures over 2024. Don't use any of the broken objects like text boxes.

Even after all that, it might still break. Mine doesn't work on iOS. It loads fine in the Launcher, but when I compile it in XCode, it loads the splash and freezes.

If you go on the forums there are almost a dozen similar threads with no reply.

• Thank you for reply firebelly, i finally solved the problem, really was the size of some images.

• It might seem like the world is going to the end when you are experiencing a problem, but it all works out in the end. When I look back at times that I was panicking or being stressed, I realize that I could have accomplished the same results without the stress.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I hope you realize your 2286x320 texture/sprite actually needs ~32MB of ram in memory.

That and a lot of devices simply won't support bigger than 2048 texture sizes.

CocoonJS loads ALL your assets on startup, every single one in your game, at once. Often CJS crashing on startup is due to 2 things: 1) bigger than 2048 sprite or 2) too much memory usage.

• I hope you realize your 2286x320 texture/sprite actually needs ~32MB of ram in memory.

That and a lot of devices simply won't support bigger than 2048 texture sizes.

CocoonJS loads ALL your assets on startup, every single one in your game, at once. Often CJS crashing on startup is due to 2 things: 1) bigger than 2048 sprite or 2) too much memory usage.

This is understandable. My main issue is that my games always work great using the launcher, but fail in the final product. So the one place you can debug, it works, the one place you can't debug, it does.

• Uhm...I think I am facing a similar problem. So if you guys don't mind in helping me as well...

My game have a 32x32 tile that is used as a 480x1280 background.

The game runs fairly well on my device (Samsung Galaxy tab 3 Mini), but on some of my friends devices (Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 and a Motorola RAZR D3) what happens is that the game freezes on Ludei's splashscreen.

Could this be the reason of it? Or it would by other issue?

• Do you know how much memory your game takes?

Im not sure on the specs of the other devices, but a 32x32 tile isn't a problem.

• I don't know. I never got how to use the Ludei's LAN preview or their test app properly... Is there a way to print it on the game, like FPS?

• I had solved the problem with the texture, I reduced the size of all and now the biggest is 871x320, but after adding more items to the project he returned to hang on the loading screen. Many objects in a layout can cause the same error?

which calculation to find out how much ram each object will use on the loading?

• I had solved the problem with the texture, I reduced the size of all and now the biggest is 871x320, but after adding more items to the project he returned to hang on the loading screen. Many objects in a layout can cause the same error?

which calculation to find out how much ram each object will use on the loading?

Texture size power of 2 * 4 channels (RGB + Alpha).

Example, an empty sprite that's a size of 1100 pixel wide and 10 pixel high.. is probably just 1 Kb in size. In memory as a texture, it's actually 2048 x 2048 pixels, since it could not fit in a texture size of 1024 x 1024 (its too wide!) so it goes into the next one up ^2.

2048 x 2048 x 4 = ~16MB

If it doesn't fit that, it goes into 4096 x 4096 texture (which a lot of devices won't support, crashing or black box), or ~32MB.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)