CocoonJS export problems

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hi everyone!

I'm working on a very simple game and wanted to see how well it runs on my phone (HTC Sensation). Using the tutorials on this website, I previewed it over my LAN and also exported it to Appmobi (without Directcanvas) and CocoonJS.

What surprised me is that the framerate in all versions is pretty much the same (20 or less). I was expecting CocoonJS to increase the framerate, but it apparently has no effect at all compared to the preview LAN version, so I'm wondering if I did something wrong, or if I need to build it to a native app first to get the performance increase?

Any help or suggestions are very welcome. I've read through all the threads on the forums about this topic, but I haven't been able to figure out what and if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

• I was also wondering if anyone knows when Appmobi will start to support Directcanvas for Android? Thanks!

• This is odd... I'm getting better results with a complex game and a slower phone with cocoonjs...

What kind of game are you making? How many objects are on the screen? Are you using very large tiledbackgrounds or loops in your event sheet?

• Hi there, good to hear you're getting good results with cocoonjs!

The game I have so far is fairly simple, there aren't a lot of objects on screen and I'm not using huge sprites or loops, so I was expecting much better performance. If you want you can check out my file here:

dl.dropbox.com/u/132377043/SharkAttack3.capx

• Hi Koen,

Send us the HTML5 zip file and we'll take a look at it and see if we can figure out what's making it run that slow.

• Thats the HTC Sensation i have the same problems.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Ludei, thanks for wanting to check out the file!

Here's the zip:

dl.dropbox.com/u/132377043/sharkattack.zip

Do you know if it's a common problem that people are having performance issues running Cocoonjs exports on the HTC Sensation?

Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)