CocoonJS Deploy your games as native mobile apps

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A collection of native american themed game character sprites for creating 2D side scrolling games
  • oh, dear lord ! i just want my Html5 game run smooth on mobile device, it's a great new, come on cocoon.

• If only it would come out in the next release!

.... oh wait.

• Anyone tested it?

• I've had Space Blaster running fairly smoothly in it, but it had some issues mentioned in the changelog. We're going to be working closely with Ludei to get everything going more smoothly over the next few releases.

• So far I haven't managed to get a anything working on it other than an extremely simple .capx that simply displays a sprite. :( I haven't managed to come up with a pattern yet.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Space blaster works smoothly?

That's amazing!

• I just tried it but I'm just getting a black screen with fps:>1000 showing in the upper left corner of the display screen. Maybe it's because I'm trying to host my zip file on Dropbox. The CocoonJS loader is unzipping, and loading it correctly but just a black screen. I think I will try uploading the zip file to my payed hosting server to see if that makes a difference.

• Wink - I don't think it'll make a difference, that's the same thing that happened on my tests as well, and I was hosting it on a paid server.

• Yep, your right Arima I just tried it with the same result. I also tried an un-minified script version to see if that would make a difference but nope.

• Yeah, I tried the inverse - I didn't have java installed to minify, but that didn't help either.

• Alas, I have not got this working yet. When I point Cocoon at my zip file in Dropbox it displays an error:

Error

Could not launch your app. Please verify your internet connection.

Now, this sounds like an obvious error but the WiFi on my phone is working. I know this because I sent, received and copied the Dropbox URL from my Gmail account on my phone. I also know there are no typos.

Am I missing something simple here?

PS - I have a Samsung Galaxy S

EDIT: I also tested the URL in chrome to ensure that the link was correct. This was OK.

EDIT #2: Ok. I realised my mistake in the end. I initially put the zip file into a private folder and copied the link. Even though I could download the file from my browser it didn't work with Cocoon. I put the zip file into the public folder and then copied that link. It worked a treat. It may have something to do with the private folder link started with https:// but I'm not sure about that.

• Just saw the post at CocoonJS blog. It's currently at 30~50 fps range, dropping greatly with many sprites on screen. I hope we can get at least

50~60 FPS at all times. I see it's not optimized yet so that must be the cause of course.

• I just tried it but I'm just getting a black screen with fps:>1000 showing in the upper left corner of the display screen. Maybe it's because I'm trying to host my zip file on Dropbox. The CocoonJS loader is unzipping, and loading it correctly but just a black screen. I think I will try uploading the zip file to my payed hosting server to see if that makes a difference.

Same here.

If that's going to help, my game is 1024*768 landscape with fullscreen turned on.

• I'm trying to get the CacoonJS app running on my Droid Eris and unfortunately it just loads the opening screen and the app then closes. My phone's a bit dated in comparison to more recent phones but it still should at least load.

Really hoping to see some advancement on this one from Ludei.

• For those having issues, have you checked ludei's blog ?

There are links in that article that might be useful to follow to get everything to work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)