CocoonJS 1.4 and iOS

0 favourites
  • So version 1.4 on iOS is 1.4.1?

That's good news.

Problem is the username. Anybody know how to actually get it? I can reset my password, but no username. I don't remember it at all...

Just in case anyone wants to know, the username is your email address... Doi!!!

Also, be wary changing your password... instead of sending you a link to make a new one, they send you a 30 digit alpha numeric number, and don't provide a simple way to actually log into their site to change it.

I'm probably missing something, but I've spent the last 2 hours trying to sort this. Not happy :(

• ludei Tagged you guys just to get some attention - the 1.4 version does not work as it should on iOS. Hopefully this can be fixed soon. Thanks!

• I used the cocoon object and changed the physics engine to standard web based. That helped, but it's strange. Cocoonjs shows me things that aren't within my layout.

We need an official exporter/wrapper. This is just a headache. Start a Kickstarter! I will throw my money at this!

• I used the cocoon object and changed the physics engine to standard web based. That helped, but it's strange. Cocoonjs shows me things that aren't within my layout.

Yeah, gotta run some more tests... Still, it's clear that the new version does not work as it should because it is a lot slower than the 1.3.

• big pb here too... with cocoonjs 1.3 all is perfect and my simple app run at 63 fps! with cocoonjs 1.4.1 it drop down to 22-44 fps! and not all... the background is shifted a bit to the right (seems like it scaled wrong) switched back to 1.3 for now... hope ludei refine it soon! Anyway thanks to ludei for its fantastic launcher, they are great!

How do you know it's 1.4.1? I'm seeing it's 1.4 in my ipod touch 4

• Hey, we build 3 games, our experience with CocoonJS 1.4:

• Most important: all games run much better on Android (Galaxy Ace2, 55-60fps) than on iOs (iphone4, 15-35fps)
    • On iOs CocoonJS 1.3 runs better than 1.4
    • On Android 1.4 runs better than 1.3

ps.: no text objects used

• I'm not working yet on Android, does someone tried the memory manager on it ? Is it working ?

It's to know if we can expect to have it on IOS when the bugs will be corrected.

• Oh dear, I am having the same problem. Even worse, my sound has completely vanished!!! Anyone else had this on the iOS version?

I am guessing downgrading is not an option :"(

• I don't have now a device to test it.

I have a question for everyone who tested it. Reverting to 2dcanvas fix these performance issues?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hope this helps give people a general idea of things at the moment...

I've been building with cocoonjs compiler, with WebGL turned off, and my apps are generally working well on both Android and iOS.

The games I'm working on at the moment don't work on 1.4 with WebGL turned on, they work fine with it turned off (50fps+ on Android, but framerate is still not great on iOS, 20-40fps).

My games include sound and music, and there are still some bugs related to sound, but sound does work better than it did in 1.3. Biggest issue I've had is that including a music file creates a long hang on Android v2.x. And if I go to home, then back to the app, music double plays and cannot be stopped, even if I've muted the music file.

That's not a problem on iOS, but my iOS apps do seem to hang for a few seconds when the first layout initially draws.

Ludei released v1.4.1 yesterday. I built on cloud compile today and didn't see any fixes of the bugs that I've experienced.

The CocoonJS 1.4 iOS Launcher seems broken, with WebGL on or off, it does not work (for my apps anyway, and some are quiet simple). I removed it and re-installed 1.3 (I backed up the ipa).

It's frustrating for us Construct developers, but I'm sure they'll get there soon. Without CocoonJS I think many of us wouldn't be even close to building decent quality cross-platform mobile games.

Kudos to them, and keep up the good work Ludei!

Anthony.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)