Cocoon project broken since latest update (October09,2014)

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Hey guys,

as the title says my project is broken since the latest update.

I am currently using the cocoon plugin for Ads and Google Play Game Services.

What I am getting is the following error report:

"Cannot find action with the ID 20 in the plugin 'CocoonJS' (CJSAds).

This is usually caused by a third-party plugin developer removing the action from the plugin in an update, or reinstalling an older version of the plugin that does not have an action used in this project."

I am aware that Ludei also updated their C2 plugin but doing so didn't solve the issue.

Has anyone a solution for this?

Thanks,

jcstranger

• Same here, i have problems with some projects that have the cocoonJS plugin, i would like to know a solution to at least, remove the cocoonJS component from the project!

• You could revert to an older C2 version and remove the cocoon plugin, then updating to the newest version again.

This is no option for me though since I need the cocoon plugin.

• Same here, i have problems with some projects that have the cocoonJS plugin, i would like to know a solution to at least, remove the cocoonJS component from the project!

I think you can revert to an older version of both C2 and the plugin, delete it from the project, then update your C2 version back, and use a newer version of said plugin.

https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin/issues I think this is potentially the place to report bugs you may have with the cocoonJS plugin (not sure though, as I would rather not use cocoonJS personnally)

I will recommand that before deleting it, you isolate it inside functions, so you will just have to redefine the functions with the newer plugin, rather than going throu every event of the project to reinclude it.

• Bump

• Bump

This is why it was depreciated...

Only thing you can do is to get hold of cocoonjs and get them to fix it... They have made more posts since being depreciated, they they have all year... so maybe they will get a fix out.

• Hello,

We found that updating Construct 2 replaces all the contents of the folder where Construct 2 is installed, so every time that you install a new beta/stable, Construct 2 installs the old version of our plugin that is still being distributed with Construct 2.

The solution is really easy, every time you reinstall Construct 2, download the latest version of our plugin from Github (https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin) and follow the install guidelines to install it in your computer.

We made these steps and the problem is solved for us.

Regards,

Ludei Team.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Bump

>

This is why it was depreciated...

Only thing you can do is to get hold of cocoonjs and get them to fix it... They have made more posts since being depreciated, they they have all year... so maybe they will get a fix out.

Well I do not expect Ludei to answer to all problems over here in the Scirra forum, I think thats too much to ask.

Hello,

The solution is really easy, every time you reinstall Construct 2, download the latest version of our plugin from Github (https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin) and follow the install guidelines to install it in your computer.

Ludei Team.

Worked perfectly and was initially my bad since I used the wrong cocoonjs_prelude.js when I tried to update the plugin.

Thanks for the help Ludei

• >

> > Bump

> >

>

> This is why it was depreciated...

> Only thing you can do is to get hold of cocoonjs and get them to fix it... They have made more posts since being depreciated, they they have all year... so maybe they will get a fix out.

>

Well I do not expect Ludei to answer to all problems over here in the Scirra forum, I think thats too much to ask.

Then who should answer for his plugin?

• Then who should answer for his plugin?

Well, you can ask the same question in our community or in the Github where you can download our plugin. If you are so convinced that it belongs exclusively to us even if we insist on we have it on Github because we want to foment contribution, then ask directly to us. We are not a huge company, so we can't attend all the messages on this Forum. The community and Github are the direct channels for contacting us, and we will receive the notifications.

• ludei : so, the link to report issues with the plugin is https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-plugin I would assume, but should we also use it for general issues with CocoonJS and C2? (If so, could you add the link to your signature so potentially new users that sees your posts knows where to search?)

• > Then who should answer for his plugin?

>

Well, you can ask the same question in our community or in the Github where you can download our plugin. If you are so convinced that it belongs exclusively to us even if we insist on we have it on Github because we want to foment contribution, then ask directly to us. We are not a huge company, so we can't attend all the messages on this Forum. The community and Github are the direct channels for contacting us, and we will receive the notifications.

Agree, you can't be everywhere. That is a nightmare for you...

I will be more than glad to forward all future issues to the proper channels of contacting you.

Edit: agree with Aphrodite who posted above... a link in your sig would help a lot of your users.

• We track Scirra forum every time we can, but we prefer if you could use the community for the issues related to the cloud, compilations, etc... and the Github for everything related to the plugin, such as this solved issue.

Thanks for the suggestion, Aphrodite, we will update the signature.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)