capx growing faster than expected

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Relatively new to Construct 2 and I apologize if this topic has already been addressed, but I cannot seem to find a post on it. 2 questions:

1. I am adding animation to a sprite. The total size of the images used in the animation is about 700kb, but after adding it and saving, the capx file size grows by more than 4MB. Is this right?

2. I assume the time it takes to install and load games is related to the capx file size. What would be considered a large capx file size? I realize different types of games will vary greatly here, but generally speaking, is there a point where the file would be considered too big? Is my initial assumption correct?

Thanks in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you tried measuring the size after export, to include the wrappers and possible optimisations (resource packing with atlases and sprite sheets, etc.) ?

I'm not really answering your questions, but maybe this would be a useful quantification as well

• I have not exported as of yet. Maybe I should be more direct and ask if a 50MB capx would be considered "big"?

• Thanks. There were a few answers tossed out, but it seems the answers given did not resolve his issue.

Is it that files that are imported are rounded up to be stored with a "power of 2" size? So If I have a file that is say 300 x 75, is it saved as 512 x 512? Just thinking out loud...

Also, he was concerned with a 12MB footprint. Does that mean 50MB is big? haha

• If you search for power of 2 threads, especially with user set to 'Ashley', you will find a lot of useful info.

Are your animation images overly large or perhaps too numerous?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)