Can't open project

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • I was going to update an old project, but suddenly I can't open it anymore, I get an error saying there's something wrong in one of the event sheets (see attached screenshot). I've looked at the file, but I can't find anything wrong with it.

Here's the xml file in question, can someone help me identify the problem, so that I can open my project? - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptn26cg89a6hn ... t.xml?dl=0

• Hmmm?

Did you use an addon or plugin when you created that capx and then download a new version of C2 that does not have that addon or plugin?

• I don't think so. Doesn't Construct mention that if you try to open a project that's missing a plugin?

• And I've tried different builds of Construct, same error.

• I don't think so. Doesn't Construct mention that if you try to open a project that's missing a plugin?

Well it should but if it did not recognize it as a plugin from the events then it may just throw an error on that event.

Your error message gives a specific line in the events and that tells me it was maybe referring to a plugin or possibly you removed a sprite from the original game folder or maybe a function that is causing the error.

If it is not build related I would say it was a plugin or addon you had for that game. Not sure if you can tell what might have been used if you can't remember.

Maybe someone else knows how to open and look at that error event line and see what caused it.

• If it's a .capx, unzip to a new folder using any unzipping program you may have (winzip, winrar, 7zip etc).

Open the .caproj file in any text editor and look for the following sections that show the Plugins and Behaviors:

<used-plugins>
            <plugin author="Scirra" id="Sprite" version="1">Sprite</plugin>
        </used-plugins>
        <used-behaviors>
            <behavior author="R0J0hound" id="rojoChipmunkBeta" version="2.299999952">Chipmunk</behavior>
        </used-behaviors>[/code:3kfofkt0]

As you can see, if the 'author' isn't 'Scirra' then it's - likely to be - a non-standard plugin.

If your program does show all standard Plugins and Behaviors, then dependent upon age, there have been a few breaking changes over the years so you would need to trace the error message line numbers to see what you can determine.
  • You should delete line 402 of the file Game Event Sheet.xml, you cannot have two triggered conditions at the same block, you can only combine 1 triggered condition with ticking conditions.

I don't know how you ended up with that, C2 usually prevents you from adding a second triggered condition. Maybe you modified the xml file with a text editor some time ago.

• You should delete line 402 of the file Game Event Sheet.xml, you cannot have two triggered conditions at the same block, you can only combine 1 triggered condition with ticking conditions.

I don't know how you ended up with that, C2 usually prevents you from adding a second triggered condition. Maybe you modified the xml file with a text editor some time ago.

No, never edited any file like that. It just stopped opening the project. I tried deleting that line, still won't open, get another error:

• Here's the xml file in question, can someone help me identify the problem, so that I can open my project? - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptn26cg89a6hn ... t.xml?dl=0

That might have been a XML once, it is not anymore.

It looks corrupt or encrypted.

• That might have been a XML once, it is not anymore.

It looks corrupt or encrypted.

I agree.

I think you will need to upload the .capx for us to determine whether it is salvageable in any way or corrupt and beyond saving.

• Alright, here's the capx - https://www.dropbox.com/s/732v5s188cpfm ... .capx?dl=0

It's a released game, so I really need to be able to open and update it. I've tried several older backups, same error.

• Alright, here's the capx - https://www.dropbox.com/s/732v5s168cpfm ... .capx?dl=0

It's a released game, so I really need to be able to open and update it. I've tried several older backups, same error.

It has an add on:

That may be causing your problems

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It is the WIIU plugin causing the fault. It would probably indicate that the plugin has changed since you used it in this project, but only you can determine this as it is an NDA issue on this forum. You should check with the WIIU dev site for info.

I haven't got the plugin, but I hacked the references from your project and it can now be opened.

I'll provide the dropbox link in a mo...........

Let me know when you have it and opened it and if OK I will delete from link.

[link removed]

• Strange, didn't think I'd changed that plugin. Thanks a bunch! And zenox, I have it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)