Can't change layout without having all assets loaded in?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • It's all nice and cool to receive informing replies from the developer

but are we going to see some actions soon or can we start forgetting about this topic now?

That's usually how it goes right or am I wrong?

(Start topic > Receive unsatisfying reply > Topic gets old with no interactions > New topic complaining about the same problem gets created and so on...)

I feel like this whole discussion is going back to old'n famous "Unload memory" suggestion, which you can pretty much find every month, suggested by different people that are affected by these memory issues. Seeing topics like these fairly often on the forums, is starting to scare me a bit. I'm currently in the middle of a large game, that gets even larger day by day and honestly so far I'm not affected by it so I don't really mind the most of the complaints about memory management.

I don't want to witchhunt but this is slowly getting into EA like levels of support, were we get responses like "That is going to happen soon; We'll be working on it in the future" with next to nothing important being done. I hope you guys understand my concerns and don't start bashing me for complaining about Ashley and his product.

• TheRealDannyyy Yeah... I just confirmed this memory problem for myself again when I prepared the steam demo yesterday. I cut away roughly 600mb of data from the game, and the game now takes 1gb less ram at any given time... I can't fathom this, Construct is such a good and user friendly tool, but it fails on so many of the very basic technical things. I will never stop being baffled by how chromium/construct deals with this.

• TheRealDannyyy Yeah... I just confirmed this memory problem for myself again when I prepared the steam demo yesterday. I cut away roughly 600mb of data from the game, and the game now takes 1gb less ram at any given time... I can't fathom this, Construct is such a good and user friendly tool, but it fails on so many of the very basic technical things. I will never stop being baffled by how chromium/construct deals with this.

Well we can't just sit around and post this over and over again, I'll ask some of my friends that have experience with JS and all the programming stuff to look into this.

Although I highly doubt that they will be able to find any way to add this into the engine.

If they manage to get something done, I'll PM you the details but please don't wait and don't expect too much.

• TheRealDannyyy Appreciated. Yeah I'm not expecting much. There should at the very least be a way for NWjs exports to read that data from disk and not store it in ram though... (like how every game ever made does it).

• Removed information from the post by myself, PM's will be send from now on.

• TheRealDannyyy What's "modding-hook"?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tinimations I'll continue with PM's from now on.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)