Cannot open my capx

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • I have a big problem. I create a new sprite in my game and clicked to preview, but I got an error (it couldn´t load a file). I removed the changes but the game still didn´t work, and I closed C2. But when I opened it again, the project didn´t load and C2 showed me an error: "Cannot find object texture file "xxx.png" in the project folder".

I searched for that folder but it doesn´t exists so I don't know what to do

I tried to open the backup but I have the same problem.

Any ideas of what can be happening?

• But when I opened it again, the project didn´t load and C2 showed me an error: "Cannot find object texture file "xxx.png" in the project folder".

I searched for that folder but it doesn´t exists so I don't know what to do

This have happened to me in the past. There is a solution I've found, but is not always working:

Inside the Animations folder of your project, look for a folder that is named with the same name of the last sprite you created. (It would be "Sprite" if you did not rename it from C2). If such folder does not exist, create a new one with this name.

Inside the said folder create another folder "Default", and place inside it the PNG image you used to create the new sprite (source image). This PNG should be named "000.PNG" .

If you are lucky, the project should now load without any errors.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you MaorKeshet but not only the file is missing, also the folder doesn´t exist. It´s like C2 has deleted the folder that contains the project :s

• As I said, in such case create a new folder inside Images folder and continue as described.

• I´ve tried what you said MaorKeshet but when I open the project, it changes the folder for another one. If you create that folder, it changes again.

I will start to build the game again from an earlier copy of my laptop, but thanks anyway.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)