Can i sell my license?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
A space themed game with high quality 2D graphics and addictive music that provide hours of fun
  • Does anybody know if i can sell my unused license to someone else or return my license to Scirra?

I have chosen to work with another game engine instead so no longer require C2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Since your license is at your name (it is indeed present inside the license file) I don't think you can do it, not directly at least, you should email them if you don't get a response from them

• This is not permitted, the license is permitted only for use by the named individual on the license. The license cannot be modified or reissued.

• But surely if i own the license i am free to do with it as i please?

Wow that sucks beyond belief..

Wasn't going to sell it for profit, just the same price i paid to get my money back as i no longer need a C2 license..

• But surely if i own the license i am free to do with it as i please?

Wasn't going to sell it for profit, just the same price i paid to get my money back as i no longer need a C2 license..

You can't resell digital products. Especially if it is licensed to the end user.

You should have emailed them. This is not a topic for public forum. What did you think there response was going to be?

• I mean, often software licenses do allow for transfer so while atypical it's not absurd. But in this case the license itself (open the license file and see) says that it can only be used by the person named in the license.

• DUTOIT: I feel the original question is legitimate, and it's OK to ask it in the forums, as it may help other people wondering the same thing in the end.

No need to be so aggressive neither assertive.

[quote:1zxfcrs2]But surely if i own the license i am free to do with it as i please?

mist: As notified, it is part of the text of the license itself that it's only usable by the person whose name it was licensed to.

That's indicated in the license itself and also in how Construct2 license work.

It does actually work indeed like most digital licenses nowadays, and maybe you should take a better look at licenses before purchasing them to prevent "surprises" like that with other products you believe you "own" and actually don't. (I'm thinking about some online games and services where you only own a limited right to play/use it according to what the devs/publisher allows)

• DUTOIT: I feel the original question is legitimate, and it's OK to ask it in the forums, as it may help other people wondering the same thing in the end.

No need to be so aggressive neither assertive.

[quote:2p3xird1]But surely if i own the license i am free to do with it as i please?

mist: As notified, it is part of the text of the license itself that it's only usable by the person whose name it was licensed to.

That's indicated in the license itself and also in how Construct2 license work.

It does actually work indeed like most digital licenses nowadays, and maybe you should take a better look at licenses before purchasing them to prevent "surprises" like that with other products you believe you "own" and actually don't. (I'm thinking about some online games and services where you only own a limited right to play/use it according to what the devs/publisher allows)

Okay Kyatric,

Sorry if I came across as aggressive, but I stand by this is not meant for public forum, but you say it is then I will give my expertise on the matter when I felt it best to rather get him to approach Ashley and Tom privately. Because he asked to sell, fair enough, but he also asked if scrirra would buy it back from him ( which means he is asking for a refund)

Mist just wants his money back, either way. So that is why I thought it should be discussed privately via email.

But okay. Public discussion...

mist,

You can get a full refund, legally scirra has to give it too you.

Even scrira acknowledges this in their terms of service...which is UK law, but because they sell on an international level (they sell to various countries outside of UK, they also have to honor those countries laws.

For example many countries have a mandatory cooling off period. Of course depending on your country depends on the length of that period. And depending on the country depends on the laws set in place.

You purchased recently too, under 30 days, so pretty much the laws favor the customer, they protect their rights.

Also, If you purchased via paypal scirra have to oblige paypals T&C's too.

If you purchased via credit card then you are entitled for a period of time to ask for a refund. The list is long in what you can get refunded on, and reasons can be just about anything.

If you purchased via steam, they will give you the run around with their no refund policy. Truth is a legal letter drafted explaining the countries laws will most times secure a refund, because as I said, if you doing business on international scale, you have to abide by those countries laws.

Again, I'm sorry I came across as harsh or aggressive.

It was not my intention. I was just trying to distance myself from this discussion and getting parties concerned to communicate.

Oh, and as a sidenote: Lots of folks, just do a Chargeback, this is unfair to the seller, and should be used only as a last resort when seller isn't listening to reason. Chargebacks are not cool, and customers abuse this to no end.

• (I'm thinking about some online games and services where you only own a limited right to play/use it according to what the devs/publisher allows)

Lol, snap. I am busy with a licensing system. Using easy digital downloads and the license plugin, rewriting it a little, but it works so far pretty well. (this is a side, side project and is taking longer than I had hoped - lol)

• Interesting comments. I have sold my digital products to customers which come with a license and i have allowed my customers to return they're license to me for a full refund if they are not happy with the product, no questions asked and no hard feelings as long as the license has not been used.

I just consider it good customer service.

I'm not bashing the product it any way i just feel it's good to know exactly where you stand with regards to this kind of thing.

If i had for example used the product and hit the £5000 limit for my particular license and then i was asking the afore mentioned questions then i agree that would be wrong. But when a license remains unused i see little wrong with asking to return the license and have a refund issued.

• And who controls whether you used your liscense or not? It would be completely trust-based, I guess.

Same with the business-liscense btw. Or how can Scirra control if you reach the € limit?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)