can i do a trivia game?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • hello, i´m realy new at this program. I wonder if I can make a game where at one point it asks a question to the player to continue, a trivia question. i ithink it call quiz game. I hope you understand my question sory for my bad english

thanks!

• Yes, that is possible.

Actually, that would be very easy once you start to understand C2.

You don't need much knowledge of C2 for a trivia game, just start learning the basic mechanics of it and you'll be good to go!

Here's a tutorial to begin with: scirra.com/tutorials/37/beginners-guide-to-construct-2

Have fun! :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks! but the game that I have in mind is the classic in which the player advances and faces different characters but that character asks somethingt to continue.

It depends on whether right or wrong answer passes certain thing.

the tutorials I was watching do not take me doubt whether this question response function is possible in a classic game.

Again thanks a lot

• hello, i´m realy new at this program. I wonder if I can make a game where at one point it asks a question to the player to continue, a trivia question. i ithink it call quiz game. I hope you understand my question sory for my bad english

thanks!

using construct2 is very simple, the problem would be how to menage the different data (questions, player, etc...) it's not very hard if you know PHP, AJAX, mySQL...etc... you will use construct2 just for "preview" the game, the most code will be in php for example...

for example, you can make different json file with 300 question, and when a player play, the game will pick random json and take the questions... if you wanna make vs another player online, you have to store the data in your server and send the request to a specific user with a database or something like that, is not impossible but the most work would be outside of c2

• tranks! you help me so much

• and no i don´t know anything of php or any program code. I´m just start and this a proyect for my job. i would like to convine somethin funny and educational for childrens to play

• and no i don´t know anything of php or any program code. I´m just start and this a proyect for my job. i would like to convine somethin funny and educational for childrens to play

I would start with looking for a Construct 2 user group in your native language.

Or train your english. Or both.

• and your coment it´s for? are you unemployed? i think you are. PAJERO

I am GameDev full time. I pay all of my bills with money from my games.

My reasoning was/is:

Your English is bad. If you English is bad - it might mean that you have troubles with both writing and reading in English. And that's problematic, given that native language of Construct 2 is English. Plus - coding/programming in general is tied to English language too. Ergo - you will have a lot of troubles with all above. Ergo - if you would find Construct 2 user base that is speaking in your mother language - the odds of you learning how to use the engine will drastically increase.

Also - it not very nice calling someone a "wanker" in Spanish. Specially if that special someone is actually giving you some valid advices.

Bottomline is, gon sie cwelu

Official warning.

Under no circumstances is such a post acceptable, and is certainly not a warranted response to the post you received from irbis.

If you cannot keep posts polite, especially when a user is offering assistance, then please refrain from posting.

Further infringements will result in stronger action.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)